Chapter 71

Chapter 71 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 7K reads!

Your reads, follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘
-----------------------------------------------------------

“Ellie!” Brooke shouted as I stepped through the doors. She was using a coloring book with another child, probably her friend.

I gave her a hug and waved at the girl behind her.

“Her name is Elizabeth,” Ashton scolded her.

“I want to call her Ellie!” Brooke insisted.

“I don’t mind,” I said, smiling at Brooke.

“This is my best friend, Her Highness, Princess Arianna of Landcaster,” she gestured to the girl behind her.

“It’s a pleasure, Princess Arianna,” I smiled at her and curtseyed. She gave me an elegant wave. I remembered seeing her on TV before.

“She’s going to marry Ashton,” Brooke told her proudly.

“Wow!” Arianna said excitedly. “I want to marry Prince Ashton too!”

Ashton and I laughed at this. They were so adorable.

“I want to marry Prince Zach,” Brooke said with a toothy grin.

Ashton’s laugh died in his throat.

“Who’s he?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at her.      

“He’s the nicest, kindest, coolest boy in the entire kingdom… no, in the whole world!” Brooke gushed.

“Why don’t you come show me this Prince Zach. I want to have a little talk with him,” Ashton said, cracking his knuckles.

“Ashton he’s a kid,” I laughed.

“You should eliminate threats early,” he grumbled and I slapped his arm.

“Please come and color with us!” Brooke invited, pushing a crayon in my hand.

“Maybe later,” I smiled at her. “There’s something else I’ve really got to do first.”

“We’re finishing this conversation about that boy later,” Ashton informed her as I dragged him out of the room.

I already felt sorry for Brooke’s future soulmate because Ashton turned out to be quite the overprotective brother.

I followed him to the second floor. We walked past his parents’ personal office to another room. Ashton pushed the doors open. Inside, Raúl was watching an action movie in Spanish and Jackson was sorting through some papers. Jun was sitting at the far end of the room, tossing a ball back and forth at the wall. He was usually bursting with energy, but now he seemed subdued.

“Ashton,” Jackson called. “Come take a look at these.”

“I’ll talk to him,” I told Ashton and he nodded and went to work on the pile of papers with Jackson.
----------------------------------------------------------
I walked over to Jun and sat on the floor beside him. He continued to toss the ball at the wall.

“Hey, Jun. Is it okay if I sit with you?” I asked.

He sighed and nodded.

I sat there for a moment, listening to the rhythmic thumping of the ball. Jun stared off into space, but still effortlessly managed to catch the ball as it bounced back each time.

“Don’t you think the game would be more fun if you played it with someone?” I asked.

Jun sighed again. “I always played it with Kris,” he murmured quietly.