Chapter 21

Chapter 21 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 2K reads!

Your reads, follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘
---------------------------------------------------

RAÚL
Age: 17

---------------------------------------------------

Ashton's POV

I was walking to my car with Raúl, one of my closest friends. He was seventeen, but he didn't go to school with me. He went to the Royal Academy.

"Isn't it gonna be great when we find our soulmates?" he grinned excitedly.

I rolled my eyes at his eagerness.

"No, I've met mine."

His eyes widened and he stopped walking. He searched my eyes for any hint of a lie, then his face broke out in another grin.

"¡Qué susto!" (What a surprise!) Congratulations, Ashton. I'm so jealous," he sighed. "It feels like I've been waiting forever."

I didn't get to tell him how much of a displeasure it was, because a guard came up to tell me that my parents wanted to see me. I groaned.

"Go," Raúl said, putting on his bike helmet. "You can tell me about her later." He wiggled his eyebrows and I resisted the urge to hit him.

I walked back to the house. I didn't care about being late either way, but I had a feeling I knew what they wanted to talk about and it really wasn't helping my mood.

I headed up to their office and pushed the huge doors open.

"Ashton."

"Your majesty," I said as I entered the spacious office.

Mom smiled at me, calling me over to sit beside her. I sat down slowly. Maybe this was about something else.

"Do you know why we called you in here?" he asked.

"Why don't you enlighten me."

He narrowed his eyes at my tone, but I really didn't care. "Just cut to the chase."

"Ashton," mom reprimanded, but then she smiled, smoothing down my hair. "This is about your soulmate and fiancée, Elizabeth."

I sighed. So it was about that. I still regretted letting it slip that I had found Elizabeth. I didn't want a fiancée, for more reasons than one.

"I don't have a fiancée."

"Well, in simpler terms, this is about your betrothed."

"I don't have a betrothed anymore."

"Don't you dare say that!" the king roared.

"I'm going to reject her as my soulmate anyways," I announced. "So it really doesn't matt-"

"You will do no such thing!"

"You know, in my head you just nodded and agreed with me," I sighed. "Why don't you give it a try?"

His chair screeched back as he stood at full height. He glared at me, his teeth bared.

I knew he would try to force this on me. The thought of her being my wife made me exasperated. She was too... good. Too innocent for someone like me. Where was the fun in that?

She was aggravatingly nice, but maybe that was why I couldn't stay away from her. It was my fault that the other Elizabeth was gone. If she hadn't been betrothed to me, then that wouldn't have happened to her.