Chapter 43

Chapter 43 is dedicated to TheBluestSmurfGirl

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

The news of my adoption came as a shocking surprise to Melissa, Callie and Kevin.

“It’s like a twist in a drama,” Callie gasped.

“How are you holding up?” Melissa asked, placing my head on her shoulder.

“I’m holding,” I sighed.

“Did you talk to them about it this morning?”

“It was a very awkward morning,” I admitted. “I skipped breakfast and took the bus. I didn’t know how to face them.”

“We’re here for you,” Callie assured me, rubbing my hair.

It was nice knowing that I could talk to them. I couldn’t tell them where I’d gotten the information from, and they didn’t press me. It was already hard enough to talk about.

“Kev… please don’t say anything to Ashton,” I whispered as we went to class. “I’ll tell him soon, just not now.”

Kevin’s eyes softened as he looked at me. “Of course. You should tell him when you’re ready to.”

I smiled at him and went to class. The day was extremely long. After school ended, I had a science club meeting and then after that, there was a prefect meeting. I sighed when the head prefect announced that the academics committee would be on class patrol.

Just my luck. The prefect body was split into different committees. We had the planning committee, sports committee, etc. My committee was the academics committee.

After the meeting, me, Xander and Elena went off to check the classrooms and make sure no one was loitering about.

“You okay, Elizabeth?”

I looked over to see Xander giving me a worried look.

“Yeah, just a little tired, that’s all.”

“You seemed out of it in Chemistry,” Elena observed. “Get some rest. You don’t want to ruin your health.”

I nodded. “I have the second floor, Elena you do the first floor and Xander you take the third floor.”

They nodded and Elena went in the direction of the classrooms while Xander and I headed upstairs. Noise greeted us as soon as we reached the second floor. I rolled my eyes and he came over to see what was going on.

I pushed the door open and sighed. Of course it was them.

Ashton was sitting on top of the teacher’s desk and Nicole was cuddled in his lap. They were watching something on her phone. Ramona was in one corner of the room, giggling with a guy who held her by the waist. A lit cigarette hung from his bottom lip.

Alexis was in another corner practicing some cheerleading moves. Some other people were lounging in the chairs chatting, laughing and smoking. They shot us some annoyed looks as we entered.

“Great, the fun patrol’s here,” a girl groaned.

“Do you guys have any idea how many rules you’re breaking right now?” Xander asked in irritation. “Can’t you do all of this somewhere else? You know, somewhere that’s not school?”

“I’m not interested in getting preached to by some rich kid,” one of the guys grumbled, coming over to us. He gave Xander a push and cocked his head to the door. “Get out of here.”