Chapter 8

Chapter 8 is dedicated to Geegervy

Thank you for your support ❤

MICAH
Age: 14

-------------------------------------------------

At school, Melissa and Callie talked non-stop about the upcoming pool party. I put in a few 'sures' and 'that sounds good', but other than that I was silent.

It's not that I didn't want to participate in their conversation. Planning parties just wasn't my thing. However, my best friends couldn't accept that and dragged me into every conversation.

By the time the bell rang for lunch, I was out of the classroom in record time.

Finally, I was free! I risked a glance behind me as Callie yelled my name and tried her best to catch up. I grinned as I maneuvered around the crowd to the cafeteria.

I plopped down in my seat at our usual table just as Callie and Melissa collapsed into their seats panting for breath. I guess Melissa had joined the chase too.

"Seriously?" Melissa panted, "Why'd you put us through a full speed chase?"

"Yeah," Callie agreed while fixing her hair. "Running's torture to lazy people like me."

I couldn't help but laugh at my two wacky best friends. However, my joy was short lived when someone sat beside me. I hesitantly turned around to see it was Kevin.

"Hey ladies," he flashed us a glittering white smile.

Melissa and Callie promptly ignored him and returned their attention to their conversation.

"Uhhh... hey Liz."

I gave him a weak smile and turned to the girls who were talking about party snacks.

"Are you guys okay? You're acting a little weird," he mumbled.

"Kev, can you do something for me?" Callie asked sweetly.

"Uh, sure, what's that?"

"Shut up!"

She gave him the stink eye and took a bite of her sandwich.

"What's your problem?" he grunted.

"My problem? Do I look like I have a problem?"

"Well, yeah," he shrugged innocently.

"Kevin your presence is not exactly wanted at this table so why don't you just leave."

"Yeah, why aren't you sitting with Ashton today?" Melissa asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, something's up. What did I do?"

All three of us stared at him with annoyed expressions.

"Umm, let me see," Callie said, tapping her chin in pretend thought. "What did you do? Maybe it's the fact that you took Liz to a party as her date and then ditched her with some guy upstairs. Ring any bells?"