Chapter 137

Chapter 137 is dedicated to miyakomigoto11

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I gazed at myself in the ornate floor length mirror. My sapphire blue dress shone brilliantly under the room lights. Ashton was dressed handsomely in a black suit with a tie that matched my dress, and seeing him looking so elegant took my breath away.

"You look beautiful as always, princess," he whispered as he did up the necklace clasp.

"You're not too bad yourself, your highness," I giggled as I straightened his tie.

He ran his thumb across my neck with a smile. The action sent jolts of electrifying pleasure shooting throughout my body. He was going to mark me tonight after the gala ended. I was nervous, but at the same time, excited. This was really happening.

He took my hand and gently led me downstairs to where some of the others were waiting.

Beau was the living definition of nervousness as he fretted about the proposal. Bianca was looking beautiful and radiant in a flowing wine coloured gown.

Jackson was trying his best to keep his cool as Raúl joked about slipping a drink to Jun. Jun's eyes gleamed in excitement at that though, because he still hadn't realized that he'd accidentally had alcohol at Ashton's party and hated it.

Kristof came over to drag Jun away from Raúl's bad influence. Diana giggled into her palms. Her usually straight hair was curled and she wore a pristine olive dress which popped wonderfully against her skin.

Kevin sidled up to me with a grin. "You look great, Liz."

"Thanks, you look pretty dashing yourself." I smiled. "Do you think you'll meet your soulmate tonight?"

"Eh, who knows." He shrugged. "I'm actually enjoying this single life right now."

"That was me up until a few months ago," I laughed.

"Enough chatting with my soulmate," Ashton chuckled.

"I remember when you used to hate it when Kevin and I were together," I teased him. "Don't tell me you're still being jealous."

Ashton smirked at me. "You're mine. I can be jealous if I want to."

"I'll show you how to pick up some ladies," Raúl said, throwing an arm around Jun's shoulder.

"Nah. Just show me where the strong people are so I can figh-"

Ashton and Jackson glared at him. "Don't embarrass our kingdom by starting fights tonight or I'll kill you."

"Sounds exciting," Jun grinned as mischief seeped into his eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------

We made our way to the large hall where the gala had started and was going on in full swing. As we stepped in, a swarm of people buzzed around us, trying to introduce themselves and impress Ashton.

Kristof and some of the other guys got bombarded too, and Jun used that as his opportunity to sneak away from our group. Some of the guests eyed him curiously because he was the youngest one there.

"Prince Ashton, it's a pleasure!"

"Your soulmate is so beautiful!"

"Wow, she's a human. I wish I had a rare soulmate too."

"I would like to visit your kingdom one day."

"Could we discuss an alliance, if that's okay?"

"Your highness, please allow me tell you about some of the new technology our kingdom is developing."