Chapter 114

Chapter 114 is dedicated to jhaitarucan

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey fellow humans," I greeted Melissa and Callie as they came into my room.

I finished stringing up the fairy lights and arranged the snacks and pillows on my bed as they changed into their sleepwear. Callie danced her way over to my bed and plopped down. Melissa collapsed beside her.

"How was your birthday?" she asked.

"It was really great actually," I smiled, thinking back on yesterday. "Your girl's an adult now!" I did a little, happy dance. "You said you had some big news to share?"

"Oh no, you're spilling the tea first," Callie smirked. "You and Ashton spent an entire day at the hotel yesterday. Tell me what went down."

"What if nothing went down?" I asked innocently.

"We weren't born yesterday," Melissa grinned. "You're practically glowing."

"That's just the Korean face mask I used."

"Liz!" they both yelled in curiosity.

"Okay, something did happen!" I beamed at them. "Ashton and I are officially dating!"

"Oh my gosh!" they screamed and attacked me in a hug.

"I know!" I screamed back. "I didn't think this would happen. Not in a million years."

"I'm so happy for you!" Melissa shouted as she squeezed me in a hug. "Power couple!"

"It's so cute. It's the irony that makes a love story so great." Callie said as her eyes sparkled.

"Was that all?" Melissa smirked.

"Melissa!" I blushed, hitting her with a pillow.

"What? I mean you had him for a whole day and let's face it, he's not shy."

"Well, we're taking it slow. I don't think he has a problem with that. Besides, we've only been friends for a few months," I informed her with another hit from the pillow.

"The real question is, what about you and Trey?" Callie winked.

"Trey's a Christian, so he's waiting until marriage," Melissa said. "I respect his beliefs. He's been inviting me to church with him." She smiled.

"That's so sweet! Trey's a total keeper. Don't you let him go," Callie squealed and I had to agree with that. Trey was honestly such as good guy for her, and she was a great girl for him.

"The question is, what about you and Demetri?" Melissa giggled.

Callie sighed and rolled her eyes. "We haven't done anything yet either. Every time I feel like we're getting closer something happens and we drift apart. Maybe it's because he isn't my soulmate."

She drifted into a sad silence.

"Then... what about Daniel?" I asked hesitantly. I still didn't know if he was a touchy subject or not. But they did talk every day, so I figured it was at least safe to ask.

Callie brightened up at his name. She showed us her call history with him. They had talked on the phone for a whopping six hours straight.

"It's annoying to admit it, but he's still such a great guy, just like back then. When I talk to him it just feels like we just took a short break and we're catching up. It doesn't feel awkward and he's still so sweet and romantic." She frowned. "But I have a boyfriend."