Chapter 59

Chapter 59 is dedicated to JPetersWrites

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

A long pause of silence dragged on.
That moment of silence was probably for me. Rest in peace, Elizabeth, because that just killed me.

What the hell was Ashton saying? That was supposed to be a secret. Why was he just blurting it out like that? The betrothal was going to be broken anyways.

“You’re… you’re what?” Noah stuttered.

His face was a picture of immense shock. His eyes drifted to me and I tried to revive myself from my own shock.

“Betrothed,” Ashton repeated tauntingly.

“Ashton!” I gasped. I could feel the color draining from my face.

Kevin sighed and muttered something to himself.

“Is he serious?”

I glared at Ashton and then turned to Noah. His eyes were disbelieving and troubled.

“Yeah. Kind of.”

“Kind of?”

“It’s weird.”

“Betrothed? Not engaged, but betrothed? That still happens in this century?”

“It does if you have my luck,” I grumbled.

“Okay, that is…” Noah slumped against the wall. “Wow.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you,” I sighed, going over to him. “It was supposed to be a secret.”

“My bad,” Ashton smirked.

“Anyways,” I ignored him, “It can be broken.”

“That’s good.” He breathed a sigh of relief. “But I thought only royals and nobles got… betrothed,” he winced at the word.

“Well…”

He looked down at me and I stared at my feet.

“Ashton,” Noah mumbled and then his eyes widened. “You’re the prince?”

“You figured it out,” Ashton clapped. “So there is a brain in there somewhere.”

“Turn the sarcasm off, Ashton,” I huffed.

Noah sighed, pretty shaken up at that fact. “I need to talk with you. Alone.”

I nodded and walked off with him. Ashton made to stop me, but I shot him a glare that reminded him that I was angry and he just sighed and decided to leave me alone. That was the best decision he’d made all day.

“He’s the actual prince? As in the real deal?” Noah asked when we’d gone a few feet away.

“Yeah. He’s the second son of the royal family. It is kind of hard to believe.”

“Kind of?”

“Okay, very hard to believe.”

“He’s such a jerk.”

I laughed at that description. It suited Ashton.

“He is. But he can be a nice guy when he wants to be.”

Noah scowled. “I don’t like him. How can someone so rude call themself a prince.”

“Hey, you can’t tell anyone about him being the prince,” I said softly. “It’s really important.”