Chapter 106

Chapter 106 is dedicated to Meagz56

Thank you for your support ❤ Also please support her book, Shooting Star when it gets published! Go follow her amazing account and check out her other books as well❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Not it," I sighed.

"This one only has three leaves," Sybil murmured. She looked over at Ashton, who was sulking at the clovers. "Did you find any yet?"

"I'd let you know if I did."

"Is your boyfriend always this grumpy?" she whispered, pointing at him.

My cheeks flushed. "He's not really my boyfriend."

"Not yet." She winked. "But I think he will be soon."

I shot a glance at Ashton, who was obviously listening in on our conversation.

"What are you a psychic?" I joked.

"Something like that," she admitted, twisting her bangle nervously between her fingers. "It's also one of the reasons people think I'm weird."

"For real? That's so cool though," I giggled.

"You don't think it's creepy?"

"Of course not. You're like Raven from That's So Raven."

She smiled and let out a sigh of relief. "You're the first person to respond like that. Well the first apart from my mom and brother. Everyone else just avoids me because of it."

"I bet they wish they were as amazing as you."

"Right?" she chuckled. "It's not like I can see the future though. It's more of a feeling I get, like a premonition. Like how I just feel like the prince will be here tonight."

"Everyone seems to be looking for the princes tonight," I murmured.

"Yeah" she nodded, leaning down to count another clover. "Some people aren't excited about them coming back. But I guess it's to be expected. On the other hand, some are excited because they hope one of the princes will notice them and fall in love." She rolled her eyes. "Life isn't a Cinderella fairy tale and stuff like that just doesn't happen. Which is why I want to be my own Prince Charming." She took a breath. "Oops, sorry for the rant."

I shook my head. "You're right. Life isn't perfect. I can attest to that."

"So can my student loan debt," she chuckled.

"It's bold of people to assume that the princes can just pick whoever they want to marry," Ashton quipped. "If they end up paired with someone they like, then they're really lucky."

His eyes softened as he looked at me. "Just as I am."

"I bet you are," Sybil murmured. "Hey, look!" She pointed at the ground excitedly. "I think I found one."

She carefully plucked the clover from the ground. Her eyes shone proudly as she held it out for us to see.

"Five leaves," I noted. "That's super rare. Good eye!"

"It's perfect," she muttered softly. "Each of these leaves mean something. Hope, faith, love, luck, wealth... They're all things people strive to get and for some it takes sacrificing one to get the other. I hope giving this to someone special will remind them to hold these virtues close to their heart even if times get hard. I hope the crown prince will remember that."

We sat in silence for a moment. The noises of the festival faded into the background as we reflected on her words.

She stuck the clover out at Ashton with a knowing smile. "I want you to have this."