Chapter 34

Chapter 34 is dedicated to blonde_gurl678

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I stared at Kevin for a few seconds as what he just told me registered. Those few seconds felt like forever as a million thoughts crossed my mind. Kevin wouldn’t lie to me, especially in such a serious situation.

I stumbled back a few steps because of the shock. He hurriedly reached out to catch me in case I fell. I guess he'd heard about my fainting fiasco too. He gently pushed me to sit in one of the chairs and then he pulled one of the other chairs directly in front of me and sat on it.

I looked up at him. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were laced with worry.

“That’s crazy,” I whispered. “How is that possible?”

He smiled with relief that I hadn’t fainted. “There are a lot of things in the world that seem impossible until you look a little closer.”

I let out a shaky breath and propped my elbows on my knees so that I could rest my face in my palms.

Kevin smiled at me and rubbed his hand over my hair. That action always helped to calm me down. I suddenly thought of something.

“Is it okay for you to tell me this? What about Ashton?” I frowned.

“Ashton already let the secret out,” he shrugged. “It’s not a problem if you know about me now.”

“So he had to be the one to say it?” I asked. “Why couldn’t you tell me instead? I think I would have registered it better if it came from you.”

“It’s not exactly my secret alone to tell. Ashton had to make the call on that one since he’s the prince. I was going to tell you eventually, but then you turned out to be his soulmate and that complicated things a little.”

“A little? I still have no clue what the whole soulmate thing means,” I complained.

Kevin let out a laugh at that. “To be fair, you would have figured who I was without me telling you. You just had to accept that it was possible.”

I thought about that carefully, and then it all seemed to make sense. Kevin’s strong friendship with Ashton, the missing Beta, the silhouette as his wallpaper. They all seemed connected.

“You’re right,” I gasped. “It doesn’t make sense, but at the same time, it does makes sense… if that makes sense..."

Kevin chuckled and stretched lazily. “I’m glad that’s off my chest. I feel a lot lighter after telling you. I thought you were going to hate what I am...”

"Kev, I wouldn't care if you morphed into the Loch Ness monster. I could never hate you." I punched his arm playfully. “So you’re the other Beta who wasn’t there.”

“Bingo,” he winked at me. “I asked Ashton not to tell you. I wanted to tell you myself."

I considered that for a moment. “Is there anyone else I should know about?” I asked dubiously.

“Yeah,” he said, rubbing his neck. “Mel…Callie...”

My eyes nearly popped out of my head. “What?!” I shrieked, jumping up from the chair. “You’re joking. Please tell me you’re joking right now.”

Kevin erupted into a fit of laughter at my expression. He didn’t stop laughing until his faced turned red.

“You should see your face,” he hooted. It took me a second to realize that he was actually joking.