Chapter 61

Chapter 61 is dedicated to sociopathicsherlock-

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

“Come on, wake up sleepy heads,” a voice spoke, gently shaking me out of a dream.

I looked over, dazed and half asleep to see Callie and Melissa looking just as tired. Kevin stood at the opening of the car grinning.

“We’re here.”

We looked around us. Saying that it was beautiful would have been a colossal understatement. We’d entered the gated property and a large white house loomed in front of us, almost looking as if it was made out of some kind of glass. Through the gates behind us, the sea stretched as far and wide as we could see. Palm trees dotted the pure white sand.

We got up excitedly and scrambled out of the car, now fully awake.

“Ahhh, the sea is calling me,” Callie said, taking a deep breath of the salty air.

Melissa stretched in the warmth of the sun and smiled contentedly. Trey and Demetri milled out of the car and looked around in appreciation.

“You have a really cool place,” Trey complimented.

Demetri nodded in agreement.

“You should have told us about this place earlier,” Callie said, giving Kevin a slap on his chest. Then she massaged her hand with a scowl. “You’re so hard!”

“That’s what she- you what, never mind,” he chuckled, opening up the house. “Let’s enjoy ourselves today.”

“Yeah!” we cheered.

Melissa linked arms with me and on the other side of her was Trey. I didn’t really want to be a third wheel, but she wasn’t going to make me feel left out.

Trey was telling us about the time he had helped to rescue a seal that had washed up at the beach. I eventually managed to break away from them once we were inside the house.

“Okay, so there are five bedrooms here…” Kevin trailed off. “But the girls agreed to share a room so I guess it works out. You can have any room you choose, they’re on the second floor.”

Everyone went off to go find their rooms. I looked back to see Kevin and Ashton talking in low tones. I wonder what that was about. I couldn’t see Kevin’s expression, but Ashton looked out of it. I would have to find out what was bothering him later, I decided.

It was just 11 a.m when we finished arranging our stuff in our rooms and changed into our swimsuits. We applied sunscreen and put on some cover ups. I grabbed the book that I had placed into my bag. I had no intention of going into the water. I just wanted to read and enjoy the sunshine.

The girls went to go find their boyfriends and I headed downstairs, looking for Kevin and Ashton. I found Kevin in the kitchen slicing some watermelons.

“Let me help with that,” I said, getting a knife.

In a minute or so we were done and we put them to chill in ice.

“Are you heading out to the beach now?” Kevin asked, eyeing the book in my hand.

“Yeah. Where’s Ashton?” I asked as casually as I could.

A hint of concern appeared in Kevin’s eyes. “Probably in his room… he had a hell of a weekend.”

I arched my brow in curiosity. “What happened?”