Chapter 38

Chapter 38 is dedicated to Koalakix2287

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

It felt as if a jolt of electricity coursed  through my body. It took me a moment to really process what was happening. Ashton... kissed me.

A part of me didn’t want him to stop, but my hand had other plans. Either he was expecting the slap or he didn’t bother to stop it.

He opened his midnight blue eyes and let out a hot breath. His eyes held a bit of irritation, but also a burning curiosity.

As if I had not just slapped him, he ran his fingers across my cheek. It was such a simple action, but my skin sang choruses of happiness wherever his fingers brushed. My mind idly wondered if he could feel it too.

“Ashton, get off me,” I said, pushing against his well defined chest.

He complied and leaned off me, instead settling for sitting beside me. He didn’t say anything, but his eyes were getting darker.

“How can you make me feel this way?” he whispered to himself after a minute. He looked at me. “How can you ignore this feeling?”

“I-I- You have a girlfriend!” I blurted out, my face as red as a tomato.

He let out a frustrated sigh before leaning back onto the sofa and closing his eyes.

I was suddenly upset as I remembered something and chucked one of the couch pillows at him as hard as I could.

“You idiot!”

He cracked an eye open.

I touched my lips. “That was my… you stole my…” My face heated up even more if that was possible.

“What? That was your first kiss?” he asked incredulously. He opened both eyes and looked over at me as I glowered at him.

“You can’t be serious,” he chuckled.

I hit him with the pillow again and jumped up from the couch. He just sat there laughing.

“Kevin!” I yelled.

Kevin appeared in a few seconds with a mouth full of cake. “You called?”

I glared at him. “We’re leaving.”

He came into the room confused. Ashton was still dying of laughter on the couch and I was fuming.

“What happened?” he asked, looking between us. His eyes narrowed. “Ashton, what did you do?”

Ashton put on an innocent expression and shrugged.

Kevin looked at my red face and sighed. “Sh*t, I messed up again, didn’t I? I shouldn’t have trusted Ashton to be alone with you.”

He whirled around to face Ashton, “Dude, what did you do?”

“Relax, man. I just kissed her.”

“Oh.” Kevin glanced at me and then seemed to realize just who Ashton had kissed. “Hey, you can’t do that to Liz.”

Ashton shrugged. “She is my soulmate.”

“And she's my best friend. Don't do things that will upset her."

Ashton started walking over to me, but I stormed away from him. Of all the persons to have my first kiss with, it would have had to be that self-centered, egotistical jerk. And to top it all off, he had a girlfriend who clearly already hated me.