Chapter 131

Chapter 131 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 14K reads!

Your reads, follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘
-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey lovelies! This will be the last week for updates as the final chapters of The Prince's Soulmate will be posted this week. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! I'll give more information about book two after the final chapter is up❤
----------------------------------------------------------

"Ashton?"

Silence.

I sat up, suddenly alert of the deep silence that engulfed me. My breath came out in anxious puffs as I scrambled to my feet. Where was I? Where was he? The thick darkness blocked my vision like murky contacts.

"Ashton!" I yelled again, more frantic this time.

"I'm here, Elizabeth."

I whirled around, my hair flashed around me like a whip. Where was he? I heard his voice again, but it was far away, inaudible.

A flash of light came from somewhere a few feet away from me. I squinted, trying to peer through the thick darkness, and just managed to faintly make out the silhouette of a man.

He raised a hand. I could see that he wore a suit. I took a step back, wary of this new stranger. He held a card between his index and middle finger but I couldn't see what was written on it.

His lips parted in a smile and his white teeth gleamed in the low light. He flicked the card to me and I fumbled to pick it up. Ace of spades. The letters C.D were written in the middle of the spade in elegant cursive writing.

I frowned, wondering the meaning behind it, then the man started to fade.

"Wait!" I gasped but he was gone in the blink of an eye. The light disappeared too and I was left in the murky abyss once more.

"Fall and forget."

Demetri's voice? I felt drowsy. I needed to lie down. The voice echoed in my head but it was so muffled now. I blinked frantically, trying to keep myself awake, but my eyelids drooped with intense heaviness. It was Dem... hmm... whose voice was it again?

"Fall and forget."
----------------------------------------------------------

Beep

Beep

Beep

The low, periodic beeping sound drifted to me. I winced once as the pungent smell of disinfectant invaded my nose. My eyes flickered open slowly and I blinked back the blurriness that coalesced my vision. I tried to focus on clearing the blurriness until the edges of my vision became grey and fuzzy. A plain, white ceiling stared down at me. The steady beeping sound got louder and it felt as if I had taken cotton out of my ears.

Where was I? I winced again as I groggily tried to push myself into a sitting position. I glanced down at my right hand which was wrapped in bandage and frowned as I examined it.

"Lizzy, you're awake!" my mom said, coming over to me. She breathed a sigh of relief.

I looked around me. I was in the hospital. But why? I glanced back at my hand.

"I was so worried about you," she stressed while she helped me to sit up.

"What happened?" I murmured, my voice raspy.