Chapter 62 Pt. 1

Chapter 62 is dedicated to YeetMyLifeIntoSpace

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I followed Ashton away from the crowd and he slowed his pace so that I could catch up. He was eerily silent as we walked and idly kicked up clumps of sand.

"It's a full moon," he commented while looking up at the sky, which was now freckled with stars.

I glanced up at the moon. He reached for my hand and the tingles came back. He hesitated. "I don't know if you can feel this too, but I feel more connected to you. I want you near me."

He stopped walking and turned to face me. His eyes almost seemed to glow. They were dark, yet vibrant.

"I want to officially accept you as my soulmate now," he said as he ran his thumb down my neck. I shivered and took his hand in mine.

"Accept me as your soulmate? What does that mean?"

"The soulmate acceptance has three steps. First, I accept you with my words. This a statement that triggers the soulmate bond. You have to say it back. Next, I officially accept you by marking you. The mark appears wherever I bite you with the intention of marking you. The last step is to consummate the agreement. After that, you're fully accepted as my soulmate."

"Bite me?" I paled. "Am I going to turn into an Origen too?"

"It will be over in a second," he assured me. "And no, you won't become an Origen. You can't become an Origen unless you're born as one."

I cocked my head. "Ashton about this whole soulmate thing-"

"I'm going to accept you as my soulmate," he said, cupping my face in his hands. "Elizabeth, I'm going to accept you."

"Wha- Right now?" I asked as I recognized the serious look in his eyes. I took a step back.

"It won't fully activate right now, because you probably won't say your part. But I have to do my part now."

I stared at him uncertainly.

"I Ashton Levi DeLorentes, prince of the kingdom of Crysauralia, accept you, Elizabeth Danielle Seymour as my official and only soulmate," he declared.

My heartbeat escalated as I waited for something to happen.

"What did you do?" I whispered anxiously.

He smiled and for a moment his eyes seemed to become more vibrant.

"I just accepted you, Elizabeth. You are my soulmate; I had to do it eventually."

"But I'm not ready yet. Please take it back."

Ashton looked taken aback at my request. "What do you mean take it back? I can't and I wouldn't want to either."

Okay, calm down, I told myself.

I let out a shaky breath. "D-Does this mean that I have to be with you now? Like permanently?"

He narrowed his eyes at me. "No, it doesn't... but that's kind of the whole idea of a soulmate," he pointed out.

"Ashton, I told you that I'd think about this. It's only been two days. I need more time," I rushed.

"Time is running out, Elizabeth. I need you to make a decision now. I know you feel something for me."

"Yes, I do," I admitted, "But that's all because of the soulmate bond. It's not actually my feelings."