Chapter 49

Chapter 49 is dedicated to Destinare

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

A few seconds after CaVaughn left, Kevin and Ashton came in.

“Was someone else here with you?” Ashton asked with a frown.

I shot him a glare. “You didn’t tell me that your older brother was here.”

“I thought so. You didn’t ask,” he shrugged.

“I almost kicked him out of his own house,” I retorted mortified.

“What the hell did he want?” he grumbled, coming closer to me.

“We talked about the kingdom and stuff.”

Ashton didn’t seem convinced, but dropped the subject. He looked over at Brooke, who was still curled up snugly in the blankets.

I crossed my arms. “When were you going to tell me that you’re going to be the king?”

Suddenly, Jun appeared in the doorway. “Elizabeth!” he shouted, racing towards me, but Kevin caught him before Ashton could get his hands on him.

“If you touch my soulmate again, you’re dead. If you wake my sister up, you’re dead,” he warned.

Jun chuckled, “Sounds fun!”

“Okay, you’re coming with me,” Kevin sighed as he dragged Jun out of the room. He sent a warning glance at Ashton, who rolled his eyes.

“Your soulmate…” I whispered softly, but Ashton heard me. He cleared his throat awkwardly.

Just then, the queen came in with some medication for Brooke. She smiled at us.

“It looks like the gang is all here. I just passed Jun and Kevin downstairs.”

“We had a meeting,” Ashton informed her.

“I am sure your father would love to hear about it.”

“I’m sure he would,” Ashton scowled darkly.

“Ash...” she said with a frown. She sighed and then smiled at me.

“I hope you had a fun time with Brooke today. She can be very energetic.”

I laughed. “I had a great time. I don’t have siblings, so it’s nice to spend some time like this.”

She looked happy. “You are always welcome here, you know. Consider this your second home.”

“Mom, really?” Ashton said, rolling his eyes. “Nothing’s decided yet.”

I smiled to ease the awkwardness.

“I am so glad I got to see you, though, Elizabeth,” she moved on, ignoring Ashton. “My husband and I wanted to commemorate your relationship with Ashton. We want to make dinner reservations for both of you for tomorrow night. It will be completely private. Is that okay?”

“Uh… I…”

I was completely tongue tied. I looked over to Ashton for help, but he was just as speechless as I was.

“Great,” the queen smiled at us. “I will make the preparations immediately.”

She placed the medication on Brooke’s nightstand and left before any of us had the chance to change our minds.

I stared at Ashton. “Do something.”

“What am I supposed to do about this?” he asked dumbfounded.