Dropping the bomb || 1

~♡~Eight years ago~♡~

Bells.

To be exact; the ten am church bells pealing over the sound of wind in the trees and birds flitting about.

It was the same monotonous pealing that you became accustomed to using as somewhat of an alarm clock, and you stretch and open your eyes, debating whether or not to get up right away. The late August sun - annoyingly - was shining right in your window with a pale gold hue, cutting through the cool air and illuminating the dust particles that floated lazily around your room...It's pathway beaming straight on your pillow.

Listening to the sounds of the birds chirping with the bell droning on in the background, you stretch and sit up...Figuring that with the sun right in your face, getting more sleep was not exactly in the cards.

By normal standards, it was absolutely beautiful out today. The sun was shining down through great puffed up clouds, and you take a deep inhale through your nose before tossing your cover aside and sitting up from bed, stretching once more before stepping over to your wardrobe and slipping on your favorite sweater, followed by the somewhat loose leather bomber jacket you always wore.

Once dressed, you glance in the mirror and run your hands through your hair a few times, figuring it looked fine. Heading downstairs, you quickly take notice that nobody was home, not paying any mind to it as you grab your backpack and leather boots, tying the worn laces.

Patting your pocket to make sure you had your house key, you nonchalantly walk out and down the road as you appreciate the morning. Hearing seagulls in the distance mixed with the wind chimes on the houses that lined the street, you cut through a field dotted with flowers and tall grass - ignoring the sign that explicitly said please do not walk on the grass.

Stepping through a broken slat in the gate on the other side of the field, you walk into town before taking notice of stalls getting put up, and you perk up when you notice that the annual farmers market was on. Hopefully, an event like today would be a good enough excuse to get L out, as his caretakers were - in your opinion - unreasonably strict about him "focusing on his career"...

...Or something like that.

Either way, it didn't matter. You've snuck him out before, and today you could bribe him to come with you with the promise of buying him some good candy that gets sold at the market.

After a slightly expedited walk up the hill leading from town, you finally arrive at the long cobblestone driveway to the large grey manor that L lived - the black iron fence with concrete posts separating the world from looming building.

Stepping around and along the perimeter of the property, you keep an eye out for anyone around before slipping off your bag and tossing it into a bush, turning toward the fence that separated you from the grounds of Wammy's House. Sliding yourself in between a slightly wider opening along the ornate iron bars, you pop through and make your way over to the side of the English mansion, keeping on a sharp lookout for anyone around. Of course, you could have simply asked to come in from the front gate, but you've done that numerous times before and were turned away. Can't be a distraction to their young protégé they were grooming to become the world's greatest detective, can you?

...Bullshit.

Finally approaching the left side of the house, you climb up the vined lattice that led up to L's window. You were quick and practiced by this point, knowing exactly where to place your feet without thinking twice about it - as it certainly wasn't the first time you had to climb up here.