Happy Campers || 8

A/N: Credit to mendauxx for assisting in editing this chapter !! Please give some love or a follow ♡

ALSO HNNNFG the song attached goes so well with this chapter I had to add it

Fun fact: this whole book so far is one giant songfic pretty much - almost each chapter was individually inspired by a song on my playlist, and I'm thinking once the book is done I'll add a bonus chapter with a list of all the songs that go with each update. (Or I can attach them as I go like this)

*

~♡~Your POV~♡~

You didn't drive for too long until you finally decided to stop for the day, wanting to get more settled into the place you were calling home from this point onward. And, of course, you did still need to dye your hair as well.

Pulling up next to a small lake that was secluded down a short dirt road branching from the highway, you finally pull to a stop and hop out, stretching lightly.

"Ready for our crash course in hair styling?"

"What about somewhere to wash the dye out?" L asks plainly once he gets out of the van too, walking up beside you.

"Well, we have a perfectly good lake...I just hope it isn't freezing cold." You sigh, planting your hands on your hips before looking out onto the calm water you parked by. Putting your hand into your jacket and taking out the scissors, you snip them twice, catching L's attention.

"Anyway, let's get started before I change my mind." You smile. "But...I might need some help."

Tapping the scissors on your hand as L pauses, he remained almost awkwardly still once you made your suggestion.

"...I don't know how to cut hair..." He finally says, looking only slightly nervous as you give a nonchalant shrug, walking over to a rock near the shoreline and sitting down on it.

"Me neither. Only one way to learn I guess..I trust you." You smile, holding out the scissors before he hesitantly takes them.

"A horrible decision, really. But...Stay still and I'll try my best." He says with only a slight nervousness to his tone, and you do so, waiting for only a second before you feel a gentle hand pick up some of your hair. Not long after, you hear the scissors begin roughly chopping through.

No turning back now.

And the thought of that terrified you.

The two of you were silent for a little while as L continued to snip away at your hair, and it seemed to be going okay...Maybe he was a better hairdresser than you would pin him as. He did have more than a few hidden skills, it so seemed.

"....oops." You suddenly hear, making you tense while you quickly get pulled from thought - the notion that he may have been a good hairdresser leaving your mind fast.

"What do you mean OOPS?!"

L doesn't answer. Instead, you feel his two spidery hands grab your head and turn it to the side before he obviously tries to cover up his mistake, cutting some more hair.

"I swear if you make me look like that doll from rug rats, I'm not letting you in the van tonight."

"...It'll be fine, but don't say I didn't warn you. And the van doesn't lock. I'm going to come in anyway whether you say I can or not." He responds casually, making a few more chops at your hair before pausing, tilting his head. Humming in thought, he plants his hand on the top of your head and turns it the other way, snipping some more pieces away as you feel your hair falling off your shoulders.