Evidence || 5

You wake up slowly and slightly groggily, stretching while you still felt a lanky arm loosely draped across your body. Again, you take a second to remember where you were before clueing in, turning over underneath the frilly pink comforter.

"Mnn...L?" You mumble, opening one eye to see that he was asleep next to you, but he tightened his arm around you ever so slightly when you asked his name. Figuring you could afford five more minuets, you cuddle into him and breathe in gently, which allowed a slightly sugary and boy-ish smell laced with coffee to be picked up by your nose.

"Mm...You smell good." You mumble, still half asleep as you press your face to his chest.

"...What?" You suddenly hear, causing you to suddenly be wide awake while you feel your cheeks gain an immense amount of heat.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything." You mumble back, before feeling him press his face into your hair, and you feel him smile softly against you.

"You do too." L says casually, keeping his arm draped around your waist while that heat spreads to the rest of your face.

"S-shut up." You mumble, while he stretches out lightly.

"What time is it?"

You shift up on your elbow to glance at the time. "Ten am." You answer, and he nods, not opening his eyes yet.

"We have to be out of here in two hours. Where are we going next?" He asks, and you shrug.

"West. That's what it boils down to in the end. But don't worry about it too much...We'll get there when we get there."

"But what if-"

"Shhh...." You hush, pressing a single index finger to his lips. "We have each other. Let's just enjoy being out on our own for a little while together. Take the scenic route you know?"

Smiling, you move your finger to instead place your hand on his cheek. "We'll try and hitchhike to the next town for now. I'll figure it out for us okay? You just focus on getting through security on that laptop of yours, because that's what we really need." You say, a little anxious, but comforted by the fact that you weren't alone.

"Alright." He agrees simply, pausing for a moment as his eyes meet with yours.

Falling silent, you look into the almost infinite grey pools with dark circles settled gently below them, noticing how they contrasted against his soft and almost flawless porcelain skin. Before you even realized what you were doing, you inch closer with your hand still gently planted on his cheek, gently draw your lips up to his.

You figure it was something you wanted to do since he nailed that dude in the face last night, but he didn't give you the chance...So what better time than now?

L didn't do much as a response other than tense slightly in surprise, but you soon feel his arm softly bring you closer, accepting as his eyes flutter closed. Not waiting overly long before pulling away, you blush while you slide your eyes away from his.

"That was for last night. And also, y'know...I want to make the stay at the love hotel worth something." You mumble, still holding his cheek before allowing your hand to slowly slide away. Before it does however, he catches it, staring at you with his calculative gaze. Before you could even react, he pulls you into him, landing another kiss while he softly holds your hand.

He was pretty clumsy with it, but as soon as he pulls off he immediately locks his gaze with yours, licking his lips for a moment before bringing his thumb to his lip like he normally did.

"Thats for getting us a place to stay for the night." L states simply, before stretching and sitting up casually - as if nothing even happened. "Should we get on the move soon? I'm sorry to rush us out of here but Wammy's house is a force to be reckoned with when there's any sort of investigation going on...Especially if its something as serious as well...Me going missing."