Preparations || 19

~♡~B.B's POV~♡~

Looking down at the photos, the employee glances back up - a concerned expression showing on his features.

"...Do you have a last name of either of them? I can ask my co-workers, but I haven't seen those two anywhere myself."

I feel just a little frustrated at his response.

"Unfortunately no. I have reason to beleive the name that they checked in under is fake." I answer, knowing L would definitely checked in under an alias.

"Hm...In that case, would you like me to alert hotel security? If it's an investigation, I can-"

"No." I interject rather harshly, but quickly realize the tone I had used. "Thank you. This investigation is private." I explain, trying to be polite - but knowing full well that I cannot allow any regular law enforcement to get involved until L was dead.

"Oh -...Understood. Hmm...Well, I'm not entirely sure how I can help. You see, without a last name, I can't look up any room numbers or bookings...Actually, without a formal search warrant signed by an officer I can't give out any information reservation-wise. Sorry about that..."

I sigh. "That's fine." I mutter, figuring I'll be able to find a work around of some kind - annoying as it may be.

Noticing my look of contempt, the employee visibly thinks for a moment.

"Oh- you know what I can do for you though, is I can give your room a ring if I see them come through the lobby." He says, getting a good look at the pictures.

Hearing this, I perk up.

"I would appreciate that. They certainly aren't hard to miss." I reply, earing a short laugh.

"They don't seem as though they would be. I'll have the staff keep an eye out, detective. My apologies that I can't assist any more than that." He says respectfully as he nods at my badge, giving me a small ego boost.

I liked being called that.

"Thank you." I respond with a totally fake yet practiced smile, picking up my badge and the two photos before turning back toward the elevator.

Some help he was.

Approaching the golden doors of the elevator, I scan my key and press the button for my floor - falling into thought about what my final plan of action should be.

Maybe I should take (y/n) hostage the first chance I get when we're out of this bloody hotel, and away from security cameras and witnesses. In that scenario, I'd just have to tie her up and wait for L to come to her rescue. I'm sure he would be quick to try...Hell, he would be the only one who could without getting the poor thing arrested.

Walking back to my room and settling on taking her the next opportunity I had, I wonder how I could make an uncooperative delinquent such as (y/n) manageable.

Dropping my suitcase off in my room, I head out again a moment later - knowing that my only chance to prepare was upon me.

I'm sure I can be patient until then.

~♡~Your POV~♡~

The spa in this hotel was just awesome, and you never wanted to leave...Except perhaps for that reward L promised you.

You were booked in for a two part session, as far as you knew. The first one - which you were enjoying right now - was a medicinal bath treatment called the 'Himalayan rose and strawberry enzyme milk bath'...Whatever that mouthfull of fancy words meant.