Wanted || 7

~♡~Your POV~♡~

Finally, since L had gotten into the laptop, you were able to venture out into town to find someplace to eat, and pick up bits of supplies at a store nearby.

While you were walking around the general store as L spent his time browsing through the sweets section not far away, you slowly made your way through the isles trying to figure out what you wanted.

Casually looking up as your eye eventually catches the TV above the checkout counter, you do a double take at the news broadcast that was playing, almost giving yourself whiplash. Your blood running cold for a moment, your eyes widen as you saw a photo of yourself on the news, your heart sinking to the floor as you notice that you were wanted for kidnapping.

No photo of L, of course, but you were on the front and center of the TV screen, along with a scrolling message that you were last seen in Pelican Town.

"Everything okay (y/n)?" L asks as he comes up behind you, and you do nothing but point at the television weakly, still in complete and utter shock.

"Hm? Oh-....Oh.." He mumbles, taking in the news broadcast before looking back to you. "...Kidnapping? Hm. I suppose they had to pick something..."

You dart your gaze up at him the second you notice his all-too-aloof demeanor and casual voice, and he gently pulls your hood over your head for you as a response.

"Dont worry, I'll protect you...Based on just what I do, I can definitely help you with staying hidden until this blows over...Beleive me."

"But..."

"Shh. Trust me, as long as I'm here with you you have no reason to be worried. This is probably just some kind of stunt A and B are trying to pull to locate me." he hushes, turning you away from the television with two slender hands planted firmly on your shoulders.

"This is the sort of thing you have to expect when you run away with the L, you know."

You had no idea who he was talking about. A and B? You suppose you could only assume names like that meant it was someone....Or two people from Wammy's House. Of course, the thought of that was certainly no comfort - despite L saying it as if it were supposed to be.

Noticing your growing unease, L takes your hand.

"Hey, if this is what it's like to be kidnapped, I certainly don't mind it. But...While we're here we should probably pick up some hair dye...And maybe some scissors too." He reccomends in a quiet and low tone, and you tense at his suggestion as you feel one of his slender fingers pick up a peice of your hair. Noticing this, L tilts his head.

"...You don't want to match a description do you?" He asks calmly, and you sigh as you realize he was right....Even though you didn't feel calm in the slightest.

"...Y-yeah, fine. I'll dye my hair. Only if its (f/c) though." You finally relent, turning down the isle of the store as you stick your free hand in your pocket. Finding the small hair and body section not too far away, you eye over the different options as L follows behind.

Looking at the price tags for a moment, you frown as you see that it was quite expensive, and not exactly something you wanted or planned to be spending your money on. Sighing, you crouch down and choose a color you liked before promptly shoving it straight into your jacket.

"(y/n)! What are you doing?!" L whisper-snaps, as you continue down the isle to look for a pair of scissors.

"Oh what difference does it make? I'm wanted for kidnapping anyway, and we should save our money for other more important things. Sure it might be morally wrong but we can't eat hair dye."