No way out || 24

Soft tw // lots of swearing lol, yn is a potty mouthhhhhhhh (and so is B under stress of getting caught for murder/attempted murder, but who wouldn't be lol)

~♡~B.B.'s POV~♡~

Shit.

shit, shit, SHIT.

L was alive. Alive, for God's sakes, and there was nothing I could do about it as the paramedics made him more likely to stay alive. Talk about throwing a wrench in my plans. What the hell do I do from here? If he wakes up, there's a good chance I'm done for.

...If he wakes up, and that's the key to getting out of this mess.

Honestly, I should have slashed his throat when I had the chance...It was killing me that I couldn't go over there and finish the job. If it weren't for A's interference and the police showing up, L would have been dead on the floor already.

...But I am a complete idiot and panicked when I heard the sirens.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. It's not like I wasn't at wits end by this point already, what with the lack of sleep combined with A's incessant tormentings to leave those two alone. I could hardly focus on what was going on around me, and certainly wasn't able to think clear enough to come up with any concrete plans...At least not at the moment.

Unsurprisingly, not being in control of the situation was a feeling I did not like.

Either way, I suppose how I felt didn't matter. By the looks of it I've won the battle and have his little delinquent girlfriend under my thumb where she can't squeal about what happened, so now its time to win the war...And that's something that's going to put my acting skills to the test.

All I need is to pin the responsibility on her somehow, then find a window where L and I can be alone. Then things will be back on track.

Keeping my eyes on the EMT's and other officers as they buzzed by my crime scene like annoying pests, I try and consider how I can ensure this won't end up messy for me. In my trunk alone lied the entire crime scene these officers were looking for, so I have to be careful with how much information I let out, and I must not let my body language betray me.

It's a shame I didn't get a chance to properly clean myself up. If it were up to me I would have at least burned the evidence and proprely changed clothes before coming here, but whatever. I best count my blessings. It's a goddamn miracle I was able to get out of here and throw a hoodie on over top of this bloody white shirt before meeting up with the police. I'll just have to tie up all my loose ends before returning to Wammy's House. Hopefully I'll get a chance or else I'll really be facing a predicament.

I'm already risking enough just by being here.

Walking up the step again and ducking under the police tape, I approach the Scotland Yard Cheif - ensuring I had my case documentation with me.

"Excuse me. Can I ask who called you to this crime scene?" I ask - attempting to put up a strictly business exterior as I get ready to show my badge.