A close call || 16

Looking over to L after making your discovery, you notice his face quickly going an uncharacteristicly bright red as a growing mischievous smile plays on your lips.

"Where'd you get these, huh!?" You tease as you hold them up, and he clenches his fists at his sides before wiping his hands on his jeans.

"I...I can explain." He mumbles, looking away.

"Forget an explanation, I just want to know where the hell you found them!" You laugh, looking at the small chain of purple foil packages and checking the expiration dates, finding this whole situation just hysterical.

"...In the van."

"Wh- in the fucking mystery machine!? When!?" You ask, bursting out laughing and sitting on the bed as L's pale completion turns more red than you've ever seen it.

"...When we were cleaning up." He responds meekly, his eyes glancing up to yours for a moment before darting back to the floor.

"Oh that is a complete lie. I would have totally seen them if that were the case. Go on, tell me the truth." You ask, feeling your own face collecting heat.

"F-fine. The day you dyed your hair."

"What?! There's no way!" You exclaim, laughing hysterically again. "I didn't know you were keeping them for that long! Did someone have a plan for tonight or something?"

"N-no!" L says, looking up with his grey eyes that showed a complete panic - contrasting on his pink cheeks. "I...I only had them just in case...It's not like I was expecting anything..." He mumbles, scratching the back of his leg with his foot.

"...I figured it would be wise to at least be prepared if we were to..." He begins, glancing up at you for a moment, but his eyes slide away and his hand found the back of his neck as soon as they met with yours.

"Hey, I agree with you, you know." You say as your laughing subsides, tossing them on the nightstand before getting up and walking over to him.

"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

"R-right. That's what I thought."

He was still not meeting your gaze as you link your arms on his shoulders.

"Oh quit it you dummy. You know that I'm just messing with you." You giggle, placing your hand on his cheek - feeling the heat on his face. "There's nothing to be this embarrassed about. You're my boyfriend, and we've basically been living together for over a month at this point. So what if you're thinking ahead? If anything that's a good thing."

Giving him a kiss on his cheek, you feel him relax a little as he doesn't answer right away.

"I just didn't want you to feel pressured." He mumbles, and you take a moment to appreciate how adorable he was.

"Listen. I don't know if you remember, seeing as you were drunk when I told you," You begin, meeting his grey eyes with yours. "But we've already talked about this exact thing. I'm okay with whatever you're okay with." You laugh, and you feel L's unsure hands slowly rest on your waist as he doesn't say a word.

"...I think I might remember that..."

You smile gently as you brush some stray jet black hair away from his eyes.

"Exactly. So the same thing applies. I'm just teasing you, you know. So you go hide those from me somewhere again while I go start running some water for a bath." You say, slipping from his arms and walking toward the marble bathroom before turning toward him.