The end of the line || 21

~♡~B.B's POV~♡~

Waiting was always my least favorite part of the job - and the task of it was getting especially grating on this case. To be honest, I've entirely had enough of it.

I had been in my car parked outside the hotel as soon as I got the call from the front desk that they passed through the lobby. Supposedly, they hadn't checked out yet, but they had thier bags. Reason enough to assume...I just hope I haven't missed them.

I check the time. They must having a little breakfast date at the lobby resteraunt if they've taken this long. I can allow them to enjoy that, I suppose....Even though all this waiting for them to finish whatever they were up to was starting to get. On. My. Nerves.

What a waste of time. I can't beleive I was sacrificing my sanity and rest over L's little criminal girlfriend. Goddamn rediculous, is what that is. It's going to feel great to finally tear those two apart and stab some sense into him.

Returning my focus to the grand door to the Hotel when a yellow cab drives past my parking space, I watch carefully - eagerly flexing my hands on my steering wheel.

Silently watching behind my tinted window, I can't help but smile and sit back up as the two star crossed lovers in question walk together hand in hand out of the hotel and toward the cab, looking as though they don't have any other cares in the world.

There you are.

Looking the both of them up and down, I size up my prey as (y/n) struggles to stuff her duffel bag the trunk - L helping her a moment later. I had to admit, it was sort of strange to be seeing him in person again after all this time.

Watching as (y/n) pushes on the trunk a few times to ensure it was closed proprely, she turns and says a few words to L - to which he nods before taking her hand and bringing her in for a kiss.

It almost made me gag.

Planting a hand on the back of the passenger seat as they get into their ride, I pull out from the parking space I was watching from - ready to follow and find my opportunity to strike.

~♡~

Their ride was to the train station, God damn it.

It was crowded, it was busy, and certainly not an easy place to pull off anything in my plan without causing a scene. Not to mention, I can't follow them on. I had a car to take with me if I wanted a better chance at proving an alibi.

It seemed everything they did was some way to work against me. Them taking the train almost felt like some sort of personal jab at this point - especially after I was kind enough to let them sleep another night at the hotel.

Pulling over far enough away to remain unnoticed, I watch - feeling incredibly irritated as I see them hop out and take thier bags, (y/n) happily chatting about something as L listens with a small smile.

I'll have to try and intercept them and take (y/n) hostage before they get on whatever train they plan to. Otherwise I'll have to meet them at the other end and get the job done in the short distance between there and thier destination. Quite the risk.

Instinctively glancing in the rear view mirror before I get out to follow, I pause when I took notice of an unwelcome passenger looking back at me.