Doubts || 18

~♡~Your POV~♡~

"...You first." L says, looking worried as he places an index finger to his lip.

"What? No, you go first." You reply, wondering what in the world he wanted to have a chat with you about.

L remained silent, looking at you with a straight face, but his eyes showed a growing nervousness.

"I...I'm concerned that you're not as alright as you said you were...Is it...Is it about last night..?" He asks, and you look away from his gaze, clutching your hand to your elbow.

"Y-yea, actually." You mumble, starting to feel so guilty you could almost cry.

L was frozen - his deep grey eyes looking as though his worst fears had been confirmed.

"We don't ever have to do that again if you don't want to." He blurts out before you can begin to explain, making you pause.

"...Huh?"

"Isn't that...What's making you not want to be around me? I'm sorry if you felt pressured last night (y/n), I would never intend to do that to you. I...I feel really terrible for making you feel like you had to-"

"Hey, no...That's not at all what...I...Need to talk to you about...." You say, taking his hand.

L pauses, but after a moment looked majorly releived.

"Really?"

"Yes, really, you silly goose. Last night with you was awesome. Jeez, I didn't know you were that much of an overthinker." You laugh, seeing his cheeks start to collect a bit of heat.

"...Then...What is it?" He asks, his tone slightly nervous while you take a shaky deep breath.

"Oh, yeah...Um...When I went to the...The van last night?" You begin to confess, gripping the plush belt on your bathrobe and twisting it around - glancing up for a moment to be met with a slightly surprised gaze.

"...Go on." L encourages as his tone shifts completely, his cool eyes on you. Keeping your gaze pinned to the floor, you twist the soft belt around more as you hope he wouldn't be too upset.

"I...I saw someone." You finally say, to be met with a short silence.

"You what...?" L asks in a voice close to a whisper, clearly not expecting or knowing how to feel about your answer.

"U-um, it was a weird guy in a black car. He's the one who took my jacket. I saw him."

"You saw him take your jacket? You got that close on your own?" He questions while his deep eyes widen slightly, his tone getting closer to the same one he used last night when you arrived back.

"I-I'm sorry for not telling you right away, but L, he really didn't see me..." You confess in a mumble, watching his expression as a million thoughts run through his mind - not knowing whether to be angry with you or worried sick about you.

"Are you one hundred percent sure about that?" L asks, his grey eyes intense as he takes your hand by your wrist and squeezes softly - feeling your pulse.

"I...I wouldn't lie to you...I just...I didn't want you to be upset... I had my mask and hoodie on, and I got out of there as soon as he got too close." You say, avoiding his eyes as L takes a slow and almost undetectably shaky deep breath, clearly disappointed that you hadn't told him.

"...But he heard you?" He asks calmly, not allowing any emotion to breach the surface of his calm exterior.

"Right as I was leaving, but I hid and made sure to wait until he left." You say with a slightly wobbly voice, being completely honest but leaving out the more sketchy details of the encounter. You'd probably give the poor boy a heart attack if you were totally candid.