Love Hotel || 4

"Hmm, well...I think I found a place for us to go." You state, passing over the red brochure to L once he gets over to you, who gently grabs it with an index finger and thumb.

"...This is really the only option for a hotel here?" He asks, glancing over with a slightly uncomfortable gaze.

"Listen, if you want to try and dip into that detective bank account of yours to find a better room be my guest. This is the cheapest one I could find out of all of them. So what if it's a love hotel? We've kissed like...Twice. It counts."

L puts his hands in his pockets after handing the pamphlet back, following you as you leave the small café.

"But...Don't people go to those kinds of hotels when they're-"

"Wanting to have a cheap stay at a cheap love hotel to have cheap sex all night? Yep." You answer flatly, and see his cheeks flush slightly at your direct answer. Laughing shortly, you roll your eyes before meeting your gazes with a smirk. "Oh in your dreams."

"T-that's not what I-" L begins to mumble as he clearly gets more flustered, and you smile as you grab his hand, which was now only slightly clammy.

"I'm just messing with you. You gotta stop taking everything so seriously all the time." You laugh, before looking up to the sky, seeing the weather didn't look like it was shaping up all that well.

"Look. We have to find a place to stay, and it looks like rain is coming. Are we going or not?"

L sighs while he draws his hand to the back of his head, finally giving in to your offer.

"Fine. But you're checking us in." He says.

"Fine." You reply, before beginning your small trek across town.

As it turned out, this hotel was fairly hard to find...Despite the fact that it was such a small town you were in. On the way there, you give up on trying to stay dry, and detour slightly to say hello to a few cows and a couple of sheep on the other side of a fence while you tried to decipher the small map included on the brochure. By the time you finally spotted the small neon sign that read "Hotel Casa Nova", you were both soaked.

"Come on. Lets get this over with before we both die of exposure." You mutter, walking in the hotel and finally getting out of the cold late August rain. As soon as you enter, you were greeted with dated decor and the slightly overwhelming smell of artificial rose, coupled with some romantic smooth jazz playing ambiently.

Marching right up to the front desk with L in a slightly resisted tow, you clear your throat, catching the attention of a middle aged woman who was writing in a cross word.

"Hello there. We would like a one night stay please." You ask confidently, while she eyes you both skeptically, taking your soaked appearances in.

"Aren't you two a little young to be staying here?" She asks, and you try and keep your confident front while you feel the embarrassment creeping up though you.

L kept his eyes pinned to the floor.

"I thought stays here were meant to be anonymous. What does it matter to you how old we both are? We're paying customers and we would like to have a room, please." You shoot back in a matter-of-factly tone, while she eyes over you, then moves to L - who instantly avoided eye contact. Taking a moment, she sighs, before turning her gaze back to the crossword puzzle she was working on.

"Fine. A one night stay is going to be sixty five even."

You nod, bringing out your wallet and pulling out the money before placing it down on the desk. Taking it and putting it straight into her front pocket, she hands you a key - hardly looking upward from her pencil.