Fireworks || 12

A/N: another huge chapter lol, grab a snack and get cozy - fluff is imminent

~♡~Your POV~♡~

Finally, the Halloween festival was here. Almost dragging L down the street as you walked to the fair ground, you were teeming with excitement as you saw the dim orange glow illuminating the night in the distance.

"Come on let's go~" You exclaim, pulling him toward the spooky gate and admission booth.

"I'm right behind you (y/n). There's no rush." L smiles as you step in line, almost unable to wait.

If he wasn't here with you, you would have definitely snuck in by now instead of waiting, but alas, you had to make your law respecting boyfriend happy - so you were actually going to pay to get in this time. Imagine that. As the both of you waited, you take notice that behind the booth was a rather large rack of masks, and you glance over them while you wait together hand in hand.

"Cool masks huh?" You remark, realizing it might be a good idea to pick some up if they were for sale. Best not be recognized as a wanted criminal in a place for so many to pose witness.

"I think we should get a matching set." You suggest, and L eyes over them.

"Sure. Look at the two Japanese style ones, the cat and kitsune." He suggests, pointing out the two masks in question.

"Ooh! I like those! We can even match." You beam, finally getting to the front of the line.

"Hi! Are those masks for sale?" You ask as soon as you were up, to which the employee smiles back.

"Yeah, in fact you need to wear one to get in - tradition around here. Any of them catching your eye?"

"Those two white and red ones. The fox and the cat?" You ask, and the employee grabs the two of them and places them down on the table.

"There's a deal for masks plus admission for fifteen."

"Sweet. I'll take them"

"Alright. That's gunna be...Well...Fifteen for the both of you." He says, and you stick your hand in your pocket and pull out a few crumpled notes, flattening them on your thigh before passing it over.

"Alright. Here's a stamp."

Patting a wooden block on an ink pad as you hold your fist out, you feel it pressing it on your skin for a moment, and he lifts it back up to reveal a picture of a jack-o-lantern. Doing the same for L, you thank him before heading through the gate and into the Halloween festival.

The second you got in, you knew that the detour on your trip was worth it. There were people in costumes dotting the area, hay bales and smoke machines with fairy lights and expertly carved pumpkins all around, along with the odd carnival ride and food stand here and there.

And that was just what you saw from the entrance.

"Here, lets get these on before anything. Which one do you want?" You ask, holding up the two masks as L thinks for a moment.

"I like that one." He says, pointing to the kitsune.

"Okay. Here, hold it on and I'll tie it for you."

"Okay." L replies, gently taking the mask from you and holding it to his face before you maneuver around him, tying the two ribbons and making sure his hair didn't get caught in the knot.

"Does that feel okay?" You ask, and L adjusts it a little before looking over to you.

"Yes."

"Good." You answer, tying your own mask on before taking L's hand.