Plotting || 9

A/n: buckle up kids and grab a snack, because this is a LONG ass chapter. Almost 2x longer than my others!

Its why it took so GODDAMN long, lol

~♡~B.B's POV~♡~

My request for a search warrant of (y/n)'s bedroom had been approved. Took long enough. Hopefully I'll find something useful - because evidence was falling off quickly.

The last lead that A told me about was a report for a stolen RV from a campground two towns over from where L and (y/n) were seen last. Apparently a teenage girl was seen at the wheel leaving. Not overly conclusive....But there was little else to go off of at this point. Hopefully I'll find something better.

Walking down the road in the cool morning, I glance down to a small slip of paper I had in my hand - trying to figure out where the address was.

Arriving at the small house and knocking on the door, It didn't take long before a woman opens it and eyes me up and down, frowning at the unexpected visit.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asks, and I pull out my badge without a word, flashing it before speaking.

"I hope you wouldn't mind if I searched your daughter's bedroom? I'm sure you've seen the news lately." I ask as I tuck it back in my pocket, not wanting to have to waste my time skirting around emotional subjects while I pass her a copy of the warrant. In response to my question, she sighs and opens the door before walking back in the house.

"Upstairs and down the hall. Go do whatever you need to, just make it quick. I don't got all day." She says, seemingly unphased about the whole situation. That certainly was a first, and I admit it did surprise me slightly.

"...Thanks." I simply reply, walking across the living room and heading straight upstairs without another word between us.

Figuring I didn't have all day either, I don't waste any time before getting to work - planning to search this bedroom top to bottom if I had to. Starting with the top drawer of (y/n)'s dresser, I see piles of socks, bras, and underwear before I start rooting through without a second thought.

Feeling to the edges of the pressed board surface, my fingers finally found a small leather book at the very back. Swiftly grabbing it and pulling it out of the pile, (getting my wrist caught in a lacy bralette in the process) I take a quick look at the cover and go right ahead and open it up, scanning though the pages.

It was standard. A few pressed flowers and some old receipts for movie tickets, carnivals, and other things of the like. Focusing on the contents a bit more carefully, I continue through and see taped down pictures of the ocean, followed by one of a stray cat....

Starting to get sick of seeing all this sentimental stuff, I glance over another photo of that creepy old church yard, then finally, something caught my interest. It was a polaroid picture of L. Well, moreso it was L's hand, and about half of his out of focus face.

Picking it up and flipping it over, I eye the back of it and see a scribbled date and a small love heart, but nothing else.

Sighing and tossing it aside, I go through the rest of the journal but find nothing else notable until the pages were blank. Tossing it back in the drawer, I methodically go through the others but don't come up with anything else.

Walking over to the bed without wasting time, I toss the covers up on the mattress and get down on all fours, looking underneath to see a reused shipment box. Curious, I stand and dump out the contents on her plain white comforter before seeing a collection of old birthday cards spilling forward.