A || 10

~♡~B.B's POV~♡~

I was lost in thought as I watched the rain from my bedroom window.

Admittedly, I had started entertaining the thought of L being dead when I found him and his little girlfriend more and more over the past week. Granted...An accident was unlikely, however....I knew where they were heading, so if I really wanted L to be gone for good I suppose I could think of some ways to nudge that thought into reality...While keeping A out of it.

I lean back a little and put my hands in my pockets as I think it over more, considering going down to the pantry to find a jar of jam to help me mull this all over. Maybe if found a way to follow them closer....And if I find they did take that van, I could cut their breaks...? No. The cutting of breaks would instantly point evidence toward foul play, which would be dangerous for me.

...I wonder, how would I logically go about it, given the opportunity? I would have to keep any and all suspicion off me if I wanted to stage something...So how I could accomplish that...?

Hypothetically, of course.

Sighing as I stare out the window, I pause as it finally occurred to me.

What if I used that (y/n) girl in some way?

I swore there must have been a light bulb above my head when it occurred to me. If I could catch them, I could always pin the responsibility of any crime on her...If it came to that. After all, with L dead, she wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Trying to make a case as a lone runaway against L's own successor?

The odds certainly wouldn't be in her favor.

I stare at the raindrops sliding down the glass as I start thinking deeper into this idea - more in a theoretical sense than anything. I wonder, what would it be like to put an end to the world's greatest detectives life?

How would I be able to do it?

How would I want to do it?

Humming in thought for a few seconds, I start thinking about how I could make (y/n) didn't interfere in this hypothetical scenario. Tie her up, maybe? No doubt L would put up a fight, so keeping her unable to move would put me at an advantage...But that begs the question...How would I isolate her long enough to incapacitate and hold her hostage...? And if she was isolated, would she tell me where L was?

It would probably be better if she didn't see me at all.

Entertaining the scenario in my head, I was completely lost in thought for a few moments.

...That was until A decided to barge in.

"Hey B, sorry to bug you, but would you mind bringing your computer to my room so we can compare some evidence? I want to see your case file if you don't mind. I noticed your designated file in our shared database has yet to be changed." He asks, surprising me slightly and causing me to pause for a moment.

I forgot to keep updating my file to make it look like I was still in this as a team. Shit.

"...Why?" I ask, showing a stoic demeanor as I kick myself. What a stupid mistake on my part.

"...Because I want to compare my document and yours. That's all."

"...Again, why?"