Bomber Jacket || 15

After a somewhat long drive where your so-called trusty navigator made you take a wrong turn twice, you finally managed to find a gas station that had a big sign on it that said 'ATM inside'.

Pulling to a stop on the curb, you hop out and walk straight into the somewhat sketchy building, heading straight for the ATM in the back while a little chime playes from the doors.

"Try and be fast okay?" You whisper to L as you arrive at the machine in the far back corner. Putting his card in and punching in the code, you keep an eye out as he withdrawls the maximum daily limit on his account - which was a cool five thousand even.

"Its a pain I can't do this all in one go..." L mutters, taking the stack of hundred pound notes with his delicate grasp, tucking it into one of the envelopes at the ATM before casually sticking it in his back pocket.

"Still, its certainly better than nothing. Besides, withdrawing an absurd amount of money in a sketchy gas station is a terrible idea. Have you no street smarts?" You whisper, poking the side of his head.

"The street smarts are your department." He responds, turning around before the assortment of candy and snacks on the shelves quickly catches his attention. "But now that we have a bit more flexible income, would you like to pick up some snacks before we head back out?" L suggests with his monotone voice and a small smile, walking with you toward the section where colorful packages decorated the shelves.

"Hell yeah!" You agree, heading over together and picking up all your favourite sweets along with several discounted bags of Halloween candy.

By the time the two of you had gotten everything you wanted, it looked like two unaccompanied nine year olds were given that stack of cash that was spit out of the ATM. Placing the armful of sweets down on the counter to pay, you look up before immediately taking notice of a small poster stuck on the wall behind the cash register.

It was a wanted poster.

With your face on it.

Immediately feeling your stomach drop and the blood draining from your face, you felt L's hand grab the back of your hoodie not a second later before he essentially tosses you behind him.

"Go back to the van, now." He mutters, pulling the hood over your head rather quickly and abrasively before the cashier turns around.

"Y-yeah. I'll be waiting for you." You reply, immediately putting your hands in your pockets and heading straight for the exit, your heart pounding at a million miles an hour.

"Excuse me, there are no hoods allowed in the store." You hear the old man behind the counter say, and you pause for a moment.

"S-sorry. I was just leaving." You mumble, continuing toward the exit.

"Hey, wait just a minute there...I feel like I've seen you someplace." He says, and you freeze, nor daring to look up. L didn't say a word, but you could sense his panic as he stood by the counter.

"...Me?"

"...Yeah..." He says skeptically.

"Um, I...I'm a regular here." You attempt to lie, feeling nervous as he adjusts a pair of thick glasses, beginning to turn toward the poster behind the counter.

"W-We'll be taking these, thanks." L interrupts before the attendant can make any further observations, distracting him momentarily as you take the opportunity to fucking split from the store.

Darting around the corner and slamming yourself into the drivers seat of the van, you sigh a breath of relief as you lean down on the steering wheel.