N I N E

I'm so sorry for the late update. Please forgive me...

What's your favorite kind of cookie?

(Mine is Jungkookie. And chocolate chip ;))

"I can't believe Hobi Hyung actually made us fucking do this," Jungkook's deep voice grumbled. 

Taehyung glared at him sourly, "I wonder who's fault it was." Jungkook glared back, but he didn't say anything.

The boys were storming down the crowded street, the gleeful sun rays licking at the boys' sweaty temples. Taehyung had one hand in the pocket of his gray sweatpants (which he had borrowed from Hoseok), and the other hand was attached to Jungkook's.

A thick, colorful cloth tied the boys' hands together so tightly Taehyung thought his blood circulation was gonna get cut off. Hoseok had tied their hands together as punishment from earlier, saying something along the lines of, "You two are gonna spend the whole day together holding hands. If you try to remove it, I'll know, and neither of ya'll are getting dinner if that happens." 

So here they were, holding hands loosely because two clenching fists grinding against one another was not a pleasant feeling. 

Taehyung peered at Jungkook from the corner of his eye. The boy's obsidian locks were plastered to his milky temple from all the sweat, and his ruby lips were pressed into a tight line. Small silver earrings swayed from his ear, clinking as they collided softly. 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes. "Why are you wearing earrings?"

"What?" Jungkook turned his head, still scowling.

"I thought only girls were supposed to wear earrings."

"Who the fuck told you that?" Jungkook yanked his hand forward, and Taehyung stumbled along with the tug.

Taehyung shrugged, and Jungkook scoffed. "People can wear whatever the fuck they want. It doesn't matter what anyone else wants 'cause they're all just judgemental assholes."

Taehyung nodded. "So I can have earrings, too?"

"You want them?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Do you have piercings?" Jungkook leaned in closer to Taehyung's sun-kissed ears, his chilly breath fanning Taehyung's warm skin. He shook his head. "Do wanna get piercings?"

Taehyung practically lit up. "Yeah! Yeah!" he exclaimed bouncing around. Jungkook yelped at the violent jerk of his arm. Taehyung smiled at him sheepishly, "Sorry, kinda forgot about that."

"How do you forgot that you're stuck to a person?" Jungkook shook his head, but Taehyung could see he was trying to suppress a smile.

"Come on, Kook! Let's go get a piercing!" Taehyung squealed, dragging him along to some place.

"We aren't on an adventure, Taehyung. We're here to find your lost memories," Jungkook reminded him.

Taehyung grinned at him, his boxy smile radiating brighter than the sun. "Living is an adventure, Kook."

———————

"Do you think fire ever fell in love?" Jungkook blurted, not sure how to help a pained Taehyung.

Taehyung was gripping Jungkook's hands so hard his knuckles were a ghostly pale, and his fingernails dug into Jungkook's skin. "Ah!" he yelled. 

"How do you think it would feel to try to fuck your lover, but you end up turning them into ashes?" Jungkook clutched Taehyung's trembling, sweaty hands.