T H I R T Y

Happy thirtieth chapter my lovelies! Thank you so much to all the people who have stayed this long. Hearts and kisses 💜💜💜

Cold.

It was finally cold.

After the sweltering, agonizing heat, there was finally blissful cold.

Taehyung's eyelids fluttered open, and he winced softly as a soft light pinched his vision. He felt arms around his body, holding him firmly yet tenderly like a lioness would its cub. When Taehyung turned his head, a sharp spike pierced his skull, and he flinched, noticing a broad chest practically pressed against his forehead.

Though the proximity was so close (and snug), Taehyung didn't feel hot. Rather, the body pressed against him felt like fresh winter air. With a touch of vanilla and smoke.

The brunette shifted a little, recognizing the too-familiar smell, and the body noticed; the arms loosened and a voice thundered quietly, "You little piece of shit."

Taehyung laughed and tears sprang to his wolf-gray eyes.

Oh, how he missed that voice.

"Jungkook," Taehyung chuckled, sniffling as he pressed his cheek into Jungkook's hard chest. With their bodies so close together, Taehyung could feel the other's powerful, prominent muscles through his clothes and the way they seemed to click with Taehyung's lean body like a puzzle.

Jungkook pulled back, and Taehyung looked at his face, trying not to frown at the missing coolness. A stern, cold expression was stitched onto the ravenette's face, and his usual empty eyes almost looked... hurt.

"You're a real asshole, you know that, Kim Taehyung?" Jungkook's blood-red lips were pressed into a thin line.

"You never let me forget, Kook." Taehyung had the audacity to wink.

Jungkook's grip on Taehyung's arm tightened along with the darkness on his milky face. Shadows bruised the skin under his eyes, and the male's ebony locks were a sweaty mess on top of his head. "I'm fucking serious, Tae."

Taehyung dropped his gaze, shame creeping up his insides like the ivy that wraps around trees.

"You tell me you aren't fucking used to being at bars, so I told you I'd fucking sit with you. But you thought it would be a good fucking idea to run off and get lost in a crowd—in a fucking place—you've never even been to before," Jungkook raised his voice.

"And once I finally fucking find you—in bathroom of all places—you're on the fucking floor drunk as shit and sobbing your fucking eyes out," he continued, fury flickering in his irises like a blizzard. "Can you even imagine how fucking scared I was?"

Taehyung glanced back up, his bottom lip quivering slightly. I didn't mean to worry him.

Jungkook sighed, all the anger from his face dissipating, and woe painted his face instead. "Do you know how scary it is to see your... best friend like that? I thought someone had done something or you were hurt. But-but you were just crying, and when-when I walked closer to you, you just mumbled 'Jungkook' and fainted," he muttered, looking deeply into Taehyung's eyes.

"You just fucking fainted. I felt... It felt... like my heart had suddenly dropped, and I-I couldn't breathe. I-I thought you were," he looked away sharply, "dead."

He hesitated before looking back at Taehyung and glaring, "I was so fucking terrified. You little shit—"

Taehyung cut the raven off with a hug. He buried his face into the other's chest, inhaling the musky, luscious aroma. Taehyung's arms were wrapped around Jungkook's waist, and he squeezed his tightly as tears soaked the other's shirt.