F O R T Y - F I V E

There are some emotions that are just so powerful that they coat tastebuds like a thick, everlasting blanket of flavor. For instance, rage can make people taste sour, metallic blood. And sadness tastes like bland, soggy bread. And love radiates a warm, chocolatey and sweet sensation. 

Well, Taehyung could practically taste the tender rays of sunshine on mild mornings and homely, dribbling honey that glistened gold. The brunet twirled around the shop he had managed to sneak into after work, and a dazzling boxy grin adorned his handsome face. 

A warm, fluffy blanket that was a soft, mint green with gray and white kittens was rolled up with a white, velvet ribbon sat snugly in Taehyung's arms. A lovely, mustard-yellow headband with gold accents was draped over the blanket.

And, finally, a pair of long, chain-silver earrings gleamed in Taehyung's lean hands. The top of the earrings was a delicate hoop on which thin, stardust-gray chains dangled; however, one of the earrings had a beautiful, detailed feather along with the chains. Two words were engraved exquisitely into the feather in cursive. 

Taehyung stared at the gifts in his arms, and excitement danced on his tongue like sparks before he tucked them all into a glossy, gray shopping bag and waved to the lady at the counter. 

The brunet had gotten his first pay check today and seeing the money he had worked so hard for almost made the man cry. Soobin had merely given him a hug with a tender grin on his face as he said, "You deserve it, Tae. Use it wisely, okay?"

Taehyung had thanked him and nodded eagerly before practically sprinting off to the nearest shop he could find. He glanced at the swinging bag, nibbling on his bottom lip as he thought, I really hope they like them. 

As the brunet continued walking down the bustling street, a little bounce in his every step, a subtle pout kissed his coral lips. 

It's so boring without Kook here. I got too used to him coming with me to work. I wonder how he's doing, Taehyung wondered as he sent a lovely smile to a little girl who was staring at him with big eyes. Her eyes kinda look like Kookie's, he laughed quietly. 

It had been a while since Taehyung started working as a photographer, and the brunet had finally managed to convince Jungkook to let him go to work alone so the raven could train for races. The boys' relationship was growing increasingly stronger, even when they fought over the smallest things, but they hadn't put the 'boyfriend' label to use yet. 

Yoongi's music was gradually becoming popular among people of all ages, and the blond was making good money off of his gifted rapping. But most importantly... Yoongi was enjoying every bit of the process. He smiled more often with the boys, and Taehyung always looked forward to the gentle shimmer that coated his coffee-brown eyes after work. 

Jungkook had started visiting Yugyeom, and despite Taehyung's encouragement, the brunet couldn't help but feel a bit jealous over the time the childhood friends spent together daily. 

But Taehyung forgot all about the prickling feeling when he got to see the raven's doe eyes sparkle like a star-filled night when he came home after a long day and talked endlessly about how good it felt to be racing again. 

The only one that didn't seem to be doing better than he used to was Hoseok. The dark-haired male was still working very late shifts, and every morning he looked more tired than he did before falling asleep. 

The other three boys had talked to him about renovating the studio, so he could start his dance lessons, but Hoseok had chuckled sweetly, simply saying, "You guys have already done enough. I'm going to earn the money and fix up this place soon. Don't worry."