S E V E N T Y - S I X

We're almost done, my lovelies....

It could not be expressed by words how much Taehyung had missed Seokjin's food. The brunet bit his third rice ball, repeating the same process of moaning as he took a big bite and melted as the crispy goodness filled his mouth like warm honey.

The first rice ball had almost brought tears the to the brunet's eyes as a crashing wave of memories overloaded his senses, but instead of crying, the man just stuffed his mouth with the savory delicacy and filled his hands with two more.

"I want to go first," Seokjin mumbled, breaking the comfortable silence as the men ate. "Talking about the last two-ish years, I mean."

Namjoon quickly butted in, concern freckling his eyebrows as he placed a delicate hand on Seokjin's thigh. "Hyung, you don't have to; we can wait—"

Seokjin shook his head too quickly, unable to make eye contact with anyone as he nibbled at his rice ball. "I don't want to know any of their stories if I'm just gonna end up hurting again."

"Hyung, what do you mean?" Taehyung asked softly, touching Seokjin's knee tenderly. There was such a crestfallen expression that pinched his hyung's features that the brunet had to hold back the urge to tell everyone to leave, so he could protect his older brother himself.

"If you leave me... then it will hurt a bit less if I know a bit less about the both of you," the dorian-gray-eyed man murmured, inhaling deeply before forcing on a smile as if trying to play off his words as a joke.

"Don't do that, Hyung," Jimin frowned, scooting closer to Seokjin.

"What?"

"Don't force up a smile when you're hurting inside," Taehyung's lips mimicked Jimin's.

"Alright, then," Seokjin's desolate face suddenly seemed to... darken, his smile curling into something more like a hidden blade, causing Taehyung's heart to drop to his stomach. What happened to Hyung?  "Let's hit the nail on the head," he leaned closer to Taehyung, "you weren't supposed to come back. I was never supposed to see you again, and you definitely were not supposed to know who I was."

Shocked was an understatement as Taehyung's eyes went wide with confusion, his tongue becoming pasty and dry as he stared deeper into his brother's eyes, which looked so much like his own. "Wha-what?"

"I created an opportunity for you to have a new life, Taehyung. A brand new life away from all the fucked-up shit back here," Seokjin scoffed, leaning backwards as he raised his eyebrows, indirectly sizing up the bewildered brunet. "I got rid of your bitch boyfriend, our shitty-ass parents, and everything else for you—"

"Hyung," Namjoon's voice interrupted sternly.

But Seokjin just ignored him, continuing, "Do you always come back looking for trouble? Why—"

"Seokjin Hyung," Namjoon's voice boomed like a bolt of thunder, startling everyone as a teardrop that Taehyung didn't even notice fell down onto his cheek. "Your words have consequences," the dirty-blond man said firmly, gripping Seokjin chin like a father would a child, staring deep into the elder's eyes.

The older brunet didn't melt, however, shifting his gaze to smirk at Taehyung's pale face. "That's the point, Joonie. That's why we say them, so they have the consequences we want them to have."

Before Seokjin could say more, Taehyung's breathed out, his silver eyes burning like newly forming stars, "Oh, really? And what consequence are you goin for, Hyung?"

Seokjin chuckled darkly, the sound scraping Taehyung's insides like sandpaper. "For you to leave," the older blurted out right before Namjoon could close his mouth with his palm.