F O R T Y - N I N E

Taehyung felt like there was a ticking bomb dancing under his bum.

The brunette had to get home with dinner for Jungkook and his hyungs (especially Hoseok, who was barely recovered from fainting the previous day).

But unfortunately, he was stuck in a complicated triangle; Bogum wouldn't leave without Taehyung, but Taehyung couldn't leave until Yugyeom started talking, which meant the brunette couldn't let Yugyeom leave either, if he wanted any answers, that is.

And so Taehyung smiled forcefully as he glanced between Bogum, who was  next to him sipping coffee, and the frustrated redhead across from him, who was drumming his fingertips painfully on the table.

"I have to fucking go; you're wasting my time. I told Kook I'd be back in an hour," Yugyeom muttered angrily, his chair screeching against the floor as he rose to his feet.

"No!" Taehyung jumped up, anxiety marking his caramel features like a drunk tattoo. "Pardon me. I mean, Yugyeom, why don't you stay a bit longer?" He smiled painfully. Please, just this once don't argue with me.

Yugyeom's brown orbs searched Taehyung's face, and the redhead cursed a list of profanities under his breath before plopping back down.

Oh, thank you, Taehyung sighed internally.

He glanced to Bogum before saying, "Thanks for this, Hyung. It was really nice to spend some time with you."

"Oh, anytime, Tae." Bogum grinned brightly, his ivory face lighting up enough that Taehyung knew he didn't fuck up their 'hangout'. "All you gotta do is say the word; I really enjoy spending time with you."

Taehyung's boxy smile blossomed, but before the man could respond, a redhead beat him to it. "For fuck's sake, could both you stop flirting, already? I'm going to barf," Yugyeom pretended to gag.

The brunette rolled his eyes, scoffing, We were not flirting. He's so fucking immature.

"I still have no idea who you are." Bogum raked his eyes over Yugyeom, his lips curling ever so slightly in disgust.

"Lucky you," Yugyeom snapped, his burgundy locks slapping to the left as he jerked his head to look at Bogum.

"Hyung," Taehyung interrupted before a heated argument could arise, "why don't you head on home? You said you had somewhere to be, anyway. I'll just catch up with this man and walk myself home."

"Tae, do you really think I'm going to let you walk home by yourself?" Bogum raised his eyebrows. "The sun is already setting, too."

"Wanna take him back to your place?" Yugyeom smirked darkly, leaning back into his chair with a wicked gleam in his irises.

Taehyung had to swallow a snarl. "Shut the fuck up. Why don't you mind your own fucking business for once? Don't you think you were lucky enough not to lose your tongue last time?

"Wanna test that luck again?" The brunet bared his teeth at the red head, who just glared back.

After a tense minute or so another voice peeped, "Y-you sure you'll be okay?" Bogum dropped his gaze, his deep voice quieting after hearing Taehyung's growl.

Did I scare him? Ah, fuck, I want to kill this Yugyeom guy, Taehyung groaned under his breath. His voice softened drastically, the complete opposite of his tone with Yugyeom. "I'll be fine, Hyung. I appreciate the concern. See you tomorrow."

Bogum nodded curtly before sliding out of his chair and waving to the brunette as he tossed his empty glass into the trash. He shot Taehyung one last forced smile before stepping out the door and letting the soft sound of the bell ding through the cafe.