T W E N T Y - T H R E E

I'm so so sorry for the late chapter. I don't really have any excuses (other than I forgot), so I'm really sorry. On to the story...

The silence was ear-splitting.

Taehyung had been sitting on the pastel pink blanket for so long his bum hurt, and he was pretty sure the other four boys' bums hurt, too. Yet, no one said a single word. 

Jungkook, his face empty and firm, straightened his spine and looked directly at Yugyeom's curious face. 

"Taehyung's my best friend," the ravenette said. His voice was at a moderate volume, but to Taehyung it sounded like thunder. The brunette peered at Jungkook with surprise. 

Shadows sneered over Yugyeom's face. "What the fuck?"

"He's my best friend," Jungkook repeated before letting his features soften, "just like you. You need to trust me, Yugs."

Yugyeom scoffed darkly, "Best friend, my ass. Why are you trying to start something? If you just wanna fuck him, then do it. He seems easy enough," The red head smirked, his eyes glazing over Taehyung's body.

Taehyung clenched his hands and opened his mouth to snap back, but Jungkook's growl beat him to it. "Shut the fuck up. Don't even think of him that way. He's my friend just as much as you are," The ravenette's voice boomed, sending shivers up everyone's arms.

Taehyung tried not to smile to broadly, his heart dancing giddily, I'm his best friend. I'm his best friend! I'm his—

"Then you must fuck him just as much as you fucked me." Yugyeom's smirk made him look evil. 

In a split second, Jungkook launched himself onto the red-head, gripping his surprised throat viciously, causing the other's cocky expression to crumble like burnt cake as his breath disappeared.  

But Taehyung had already heard it. Bile splashed in his stomach and his dancing heart withered away like ashes. W-what is his relationship with Yugyeom? 

"I told you not to fucking think of him that way. Do I need to fucking engrave it into your thick skull?" Jungkook snarled, his body hovering over Yugyeom's. 

There was a hellish look in his eyes. Something Taehyung had never seen before, and it made him want to whimper. 

If Yugyeom's smirk was darkness, then Jungkook's aura was a nightmare. 

The studio was unnervingly silent. Yoongi and Hoseok glanced at each other, not quite sure how to respond, their lips pursed with timidness. Taehyung swallowed awkwardly. "J-Jungkook, let go of him." he cursed himself for stuttering. 

Jungkook's pulsing rage didn't waver; his eyes didn't leave Yugyeom like he was trying to suck the red-head's soul. Yugyeom, however, smirked nastily at Taehyung's voice, "Listen to your boy toy—"

A lurid crack blistered the studio's air. 

Taehyung painfully flinched at the echoing sound, fighting the whimper nibbling at his throat. Hesitantly opening his eyes, Taehyung gasped sharply at the thick blood that oozed from Yugyeom's nose like molten rubies. 

A miserable groan tumbled through the red-head's lips, which were speckled with drops of the heavy blood. "Jungkook, ah." He clutched his head, closing his eyes tightly. 

"Jungkook," Yoongi sighed, resting his forehead on the palm of his hand, his pale-gold locks hiding his cheeks. "Get off of him." His voice was soft, but the authority that pounded through the words was hard to miss.