F O R T Y - F O U R

"Touch him, and I swear I'll rip your fucking hands off!" a familiar voice roared, shaking the rose-gold living room. The cinnamon-brown haired man—Brownie—stood defensively in front of another male who was sitting on the floor, quivering in fear.

"Watch your fucking mouth, you little bastard! That's no way to speak to your father!" a woman screamed, her brown eyes narrowed sharply. Her blonde hair tumbled down her shoulders messily, and her formal outfit was far too tight to be comfortable.

"Who the fuck is my father?" The man thundered, venom pouring out of his grayish-brown eyes. Brownie pointed harshly at another man, who was a few inches taller than him with a nasty snarl etched onto his pale face. "This asshole? The one who almost hit my brother for his sexuality? Calling him my father would be a fucking shame on me."

The father growled, holding the women's forearm to keep her from launching herself onto their eldest son. However, if looks could kill, the elders would've been long gone from the glare Brownie was giving them. "Do you need an ass whooping, too, you son of a bitch?"

Brownie laughed so darkly everyone shivered like darkness had crept up their spines. "I am a son of a bitch. Took you long enough to realize it."

"How dare you say that to your mother?" the taller man snarled, slipping his hand onto the blonde woman's waist.

"I stopped considering her my mother the moment she chose fucking around with other men over taking care of her children," Brownie scoffed. "She did nothing for us. Neither of you did. Just because you come home and stay for a week like parents are supposed to, doesn't fucking mean you're suddenly our parents, and you can control our lives."

The cinnamon-haired male's plump lips curled into a vicious, icy smirk."I raised Taehyung and our two other best friends all by myself because you adults were too busy with your own problems to realize how many problems you were creating for us. So guess what?" Brownie leaned into the couple's faces, his eyes sparkling like electricity as he said, "Next time you have a problem with us, you can go fuck yourself."

A slap sounded through the pristine room.

The father's gray eyes were wide for a second when his wife struck her eldest son, but he merely clenched his jaw when Brownie's head was whipped to the side, his creamy skin immediately turning a vicious red.

Suddenly, a strangled grunt was heard from behind Brownie. The younger boy stumbled in front of his older brother, his tear-stained face creased with concern and silver eyes dripping with pain.

"Hyung?" Taehyung whispered, lifting his hand close to his brother's puffy cheek.

"I'm fine, Tae," Brownie croaked, but his handsome eyes were lined with glistening tears of fury and hurt.

Taehyung spun around and stormed up to the grim-faced couple, his flushed face sharp and lethal as shadows loomed over his sun kissed features. Unexplainable rage and wrath was engraved on his face like a blood-inked letter. His usual, rounded-features sharpened like blades, and a storm brewed in his hurricane-gray eyes.

The gray-eyed male shoved the father's chest roughly, and the old man stumbled backwards along with his wife. "Don't fucking touch my brother," he spat.

He pushed the man's chest again, a little harder this time, before the scared couple could recover. "Who the fucking hell do you think you are? The only thing you do is send us money from your fucking business trips. Neither of you were here when Hyung and I were sad or hurt or angry or happy. You weren't here for any of our moments."