T H I R T Y - F O U R

Taehyung froze like someone had turned him into a granite statue.

Jungkook's arms trapped him, the sweat sticking his obsidian locks together against his porcelain skin and glaring eyes.

The air was as dead as a doornail, the only sound audible the soft pants leaving Jungkook's mouth. "Sungho. The bastard's name is Yoon Sungho," the ravenette snarled like the name itself was a curse.

"Why..." Taehyung breathed, debating whether to ask the question the question or not, "why did he... do that?"

"Kill Hoon?" Jungkook stepped back, a spine-chilling laugh spitting out of his mouth. "'Cause he wanted to get back at me."

"Back at you?" Taehyung cocked his head to the side subtly.

"Revenge, Taehyung. I ruined him, and he knew my only weakness was my brother, so he killed him." Jungkook's black eyes ruptured into Taehyung's. "Slit his throat right in front of me."

Taehyung had to fight back a gasp.

"Sungho fucked up bad," Jungkook growled to himself, "he should've killed me along with Hoon, but he left me alive. What a poor choice."

"Why did you ruin him?" Taehyung's asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes like he had forgotten Taehyung was still in the room. "Are you gonna support him now? Mr. I'm-too-nice?"

Taehyung frowned at the other's mocking tone. "What? Kook, I was just asking."

"Yeah, well, curiosity killed the cat. And you don't have to be a cat to get killed, too," Jungkook scoffed darkly.

"Why are you getting mad at me?" Taehyung asked, his voice stern yet soft.

"What else do you want me to do if you keep pushing me to open up, huh? You know what, Tae? Maybe you should run to one of your friends, then you can keep being Mr. Nice Guy, and I won't make you look bad."

"Jungkook," Taehyung's tone steeled. "I didn't ask you to open up; I just said you knew nothing about trust. And you're not making me look bad—do you even know what you're saying? Mr. Nice Guy? What the hell?"

Jungkook scoffed, crossing his muscular arms over his broad chest. "You're the perfect one, Taehyung. It's about time you left fucked-up people like me."

Taehyung stepped closer to the ravenette. "I'm just as fucked-up as you, Kook. And don't even deny it; we've both been through a lot, so don't even think for a second I'm going to leave you."

Jungkook leaned in, a vile smirk splayed across his ruby lips. "Of course you're not gonna leave. You don't have anywhere else to go."

Taehyung didn't respond for a second; he simply stared at Jungkook like he couldn't believe those words had just come out of the other's lips. Then, his heart seemed to jump-start as if it was electrocuted.

"Astrology," the brunette barely mumbled out, still in disbelief.

"What the fuck?" Jungkook's face twisted into a sneer.

"You went too far, so I used the back-to-friends word," Taehyung breathed.

"What the—are you fucking with me right now?" Jungkook snapped, walking closer to the brunette.

This time, though, Taehyung flinched.

He opened his mouth, but words didn't come out. Don't cry, Tae. Please don't cry. Don't let him see you cry—

"I swear to fucking god," another voice entered the studio as the door flew open. Yoongi stepped inside, glaring daggers at the boys, who had gone silent. "You two are so loud, I could fucking hear you arguing from outside."