T H I R T E E N

Heads up: big chapter ahead ;)

"This is your last chance to back out." Jungkook glanced at Taehyung, who was standing next to him, nibbling on his nails timidly. "There's no shame in calling quits. I can go get the information and be back before you know it," he assured.

"Oh, shut up. I hate it when you're nice," Taehyung blurted. He straightened his posture and cleared his throat. I got this. I ain't no bitch, he chanted.

Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head.

The two boys were in front of the hospital Taehyung had previously ran out of. It was about two stories high, clean, and fancy, but subtle and quiet at the same time. It was like whoever had it built didn't want anyone to know about it. 

"Let's get going then, your majesty," Jungkook teased. The ravenette was wearing a black t-shirt (courtesy to Taehyung) that displayed his exquisite tattoos proudly. It was tucked into cornflower-blue jeans that went surprisingly well with his cheap, torn shoes. His knuckles were wrapped with new gauze, and his wind-blown hair was untangled and silky.

Taehyung stuck his tongue out at the other. "Peasant," he said back, smiling. Yoongi's petal-pink sweater snuggled the charcoal-eyed boy, and a pair of ebony pants loosely stuck to his slender legs. 

As the boys walked in, Taehyung gripped Jungkook's arm. The white sparkling through the hospital taunted him, teasing his sensitive irises. White white white white—

"Hey," Jungkook stared intently into Taehyung's churning eyes. "It's okay. It's not all white. See," he pointed to the gleaming counter, "that's ivory." He gestured to the floor and said, "Pearl." Jungkook pointed to every mere thing in their sight, whispering different words to describe the various shades. 

"Alabaster."

"Cream."

"Porcelain."

"Chiffon."

"Snow."

"Parchment."

Taehyung listened as the words rolled of Jungkook's tongue, his racing heart slowing down to beat simultaneously with the syllables. He relaxed and loosened his grip on Jungkook's arm as the word 'white' numbed away in his head. 

"Feel better?" Jungkook asked softly.

Taehyung smiled at him tenderly. "How did you know all those names?"

The ravenette laughed, "I searched up synonyms for w—the 'w' word, so you wouldn't have a panic attack and embarrass me at the hospital."

Did he seriously just say 'the w word?'  Taehyung snickered. "How did you know, though?"

Jungkook crossed his arms and looked at Taehyung like he was the stupidest thing to ever exist. "Darling. Do you even know how much you talked about the hospital being that 'oh so horrid' color? I've never heard someone cuss out a hospital that much. And I used to visit the hospital like every damn day. That should tell you something."

"Okay, okay," Taehyung laughed, his boxy smile lighting up his iron-gray eyes. He cocked his head to the side as the boys walked to the counter. "But why did you visit the hospital almost every day?"

Taehyung felt Jungkook tense. His lazy posture turned rigid like a metal lamp post, and he inhaled a sharp breath as his oil-black eyes darkened. 

Shit. Another touchy topic? I've gotta learn to keep my mouth shut, dammit. Taehyung touched Jungkook's elbow hesitantly. "You don't have to tell me. Sorry," he muttered guiltily. "But thank you for earlier. That was really nice of you to memorize random words for me," Taehyung said quickly, eager to soften the edgy atmosphere.