F I F T Y - O N E

First things first, thank you all so much for all the reads and the votes. I'm really grateful that all of you have continued to persevere with this story despite it being so long. Also, I love reading all of your comments, so please feel free to leave as many as you'd like. I love y'all so much 💜

I decided to add in Kookie's pov into this chapter, too because... well... you'll see. The writing inside the three dashes is all written in Jungkook's point of view. My apologies if it's confusing, but I thought it'd be more fun.

Let me know once you've read it... enjoy!

*Warning: Long chapter ahead*

"A human head remains conscious for about 20 seconds after being decapitated," a deep, crisp voice chuckled. Tall Boy swallowed a piece of his steak, softly groaning at the buttery taste that coated his tongue like a thick yet light glaze.

"The fuck you laughing for?" A man whipped his head to glance at the voice, his blonde locks bouncing around his horrified face. A concerned expression was nestled onto his rounder features, and his curved eyebrows were shot up in surprise.

"Just imagine," the older said, glancing at his strawberry cream cake before smiling, "your head gets cut off, but it can still think for 20 seconds. You can count down to your time of death."

"Why would you count down?" Another voice joined in on the conversation. "I would be freaking my pants off—oh. Never mind, they'd already be off," the brown-haired man laughed loudly, his giggle prancing through the dining room like a fawn.

Tall Boy groaned, hiding a bright smile as the two youngers fell over each other from laughing. Brownie eyed them fondly before turning back to Tall Boy. "You know what I would say?"

"What, Hyung?" Tall Boy looked up at the handsome man lovingly, his almond eyes staring deeply into the other's charcoal-brown irises.

Brownie grinned widely, "Looks like I'll beheading off."

The younger boys fell off their chairs, toppling onto each other as they clutched their stomachs and gently slapped the others' thighs. "T-then I w-would s-say g-go on a-ahead," A silver-eyed boy managed to stammer before cackling hysterically.

Brownie howled at the younger's joke, his high-pitched laughing echoing like bells during the holidays. Tall Boy couldn't help but join in, his deep, throaty chuckles adding to the beautiful symphony, but he covered his honey-tan face with his big hands as he laughed, "Y'all should be hung for this."

"But we're on a roll," Blondie howled, his hazel eyes hidden away as he clung to the gray-eyed boy on the floor beside him.

"Baby," Tall Boy glared tenderly at the younger boy, but a prominent grin was etched onto his face, "I'm going to kill you."

"Go ahead," Brownie laughed, jumping out of his chair with his hands dramatically spread open.

The younger boys had tears in their eyes by this point, their stomachs hurting as Tall Boy launched himself onto Brownie, taking the older down with him. "You first, Hyung," he grinned, tickling the cinnamon-haired male.

Brownie giggled, "Ah, Nam—"

"Taehyung!" a loud voice snapped against Taehyung's ear like a whip.

The brunette jolted awake, his fight-or-flight sense activated as short pants left his mouth. An indescribable ache burned through Taehyung's mind like the obnoxious echoing of drums through an empty castle. The scorching feeling gnawed at his head, peeling at and chipping away the blank walls in his mind to reveal blinding color.