Chapter 11

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark
Finally, I can see you crystal clear
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

Taehyung took a deep breath as he heard how Jinyoung began to sing the first verse to their battle song. Both boys were currently performing the song in front of both Namjoon and Jungkook. To say Taehyung was a bit nervous would be a complete understatement. The boy was so nervous that it was practically eating him up.

Him and Jinyoung were currently performing for the first time on the big battle stage and while the grey haired boy loved to say that he was completely over his stage fright, he wasn't. Tonight him and Jinyoung would battle against each other and the older boy was absolutely killing every note that left his mouth. The boy could sing very well, that much had become very clear to the younger boy during the past week.

Jinyoung an Taehyung had been practicing all week in order to perfect their battle. The both of them had agreed that they should give it their full 100% and thus the two of them had sung the song together every day and even gave each other tips on how to improve. In the short amount of time the two had spend together they had become good friends but that didn't mean that any of the two would go easy on the other. No, both wanted to win and would give their all for it.

Soon it was Taehyung's turn to sing and immediately the boy began to sing in his beautiful deep tone. Of course he hadn't forgotten what Jungkook had thought him and thus when the grey haired boy hit the part where Jungkook wanted him to sing as high as possible he raised the tone of his voice and hit the notes perfectly. Sure it was only practice time now but if the student knew that he could do it now then he could do it it the real battle as well.

A small smile began to form onto Taehyung's face as he heard himself sing the notes he so desperately feared well and suddenly a boost of confidence began to fill inside the boy. Without thinking twice the grey haired boy began to move his body a bit to the beat while just going with the flow.

Meanwhile Jungkook was watching the two contestants with a smile on his face. The brunette had high hopes for this duo, mainly because Taehyung was one of the two singers. The boy's voice was very unique and he would without a doubt become one of the favourites of the public. Taehyung just had the whole package when it came to uniqueness of his voice, looks and character.

Jinyoung on the other hand had an amazing voice as well. The boy was truly a sight to see and both boys and girls would definitely swoon over him. However the boy's voice was great but not as unique as Taehyung's. Exactly that is why Jungkook had increased the difficulty for the latter. He wanted a fair battle for the both of them.

As soon as both boys were done with their song and the music stopped playing both Jungkook and Namjoon began to clap their hands together while smiling at the two contestants. This would without a doubt be one of the best battles of this season of the voice and the fact that it would be Jungkook's team who would provide it made both the coach and his producer very happy and proud at the same time.

"That was great." Namjoon began to speak before he walked over to the two contestants. Immediately the brunette followed him while a sparkle was visible in his eyes. Tonight would finally be the night of the battles and while the public would see them in multiple weeks, they actually all were done tonight which meant that tonight Jungkook would have to choose his winners.

Of course the moment the idol had put together his contestants in a battle he had known damn well if one of them was better or more unique than the other. However he did try his best to not get biased by any of his contestants by increasing the difficulty for the somewhat better singers in his team. He wanted everyone to have a shot and that is exactly why he had put the best against the best. The fairer the battle the fiercer the show they would put on.