Chapter 45

Never before had Taehyung felt this broken. What he had had with Jungkook had felt so real to the grey haired boy and he genuinely thought that he meant as much to Jungkook as that Jungkook meant to him. Ohh how he had been wrong.

Jungkook had been so quick to say that they'd just break up so that Taehyung wasn't going to be kicked out of the competition, even when Taehyung had been ready to step out himself. Sure it wasn't something he'd choose freely but giving up their relationship wasn't something Taehyung could have ever done. Too bad Jungkook thought differently about that fact.

Right now both boys were seated once again in Jungkook's Mercedes. The grey haired boy's car was still parked back at Jungkook's apartment and thus Taehyung didn't have much of a choice other than to just ride back with Jungkook, his ex. Ohh how that single word hurt Taehyung's heart more than anything else ever had done.

Their relationship maybe hadn't lasted that long but Taehyung surely had fallen hard for Jungkook. The brunette meant the whole world to Taehyung. How the fuck was he going to ever get over the one who he had thought was absolutely perfect, who he still saw as the most perfect person he had ever met. How do you get over someone if you're still so madly and deeply in love with them? Was that even possible?

Slowly a tear started to escape Taehyung's eye as he looked outside of the window, watching how all the other cars drove past them. Right now the one thing he needed to avoid was sitting right next to Jungkook and Taehyung was pretty sure that if he'd only took one look at Jungkook then he'd burst out in tears.

The grey haired boy's heart was aching for something he'd never get back and while he somehow had made peace with the fact that him and Bogum were done pretty quickly after their break up he couldn't with Jungkook. Not with Jungkook. How could he ever find peace with the fact that his heart had been broken into a million pieces and the only one who could put them back together wasn't willing to do so? Had Jungkook after all been using him like Taehyung had thought he never would do? Was it all just pretended love?

The grey haired boy however got ripped out of his negative thoughts as soon as he felt the soft fingers of Jungkook softly squeez his leg. "Tae baby, why the sad face?" The brunette spoke, a concerned tone lacing his voice. Even though the younger's eyes were mostly fixed on the road ahead of them every now and then he did take a glance at the boy who was sitting next to him and it was as clear as crystal that something was bothering him.

Those words were what made Taehyung finally lose all the control he so desperately tried to maintain. A loud sob left his mouth and tears finally freed themselves from the grey haired boy's eyes, slowly leaking down and wetting his cheeks. Right now it felt as if someone had taken Taehyung's heart out of his chest and was stepping on it continiously. Sobs kept leaving his mouth and his eyes turned into a bloodshot red colour due to all the tears that kept leaking out of them. He had been completely broken, even when he had told himself he wouldn't ever feel like this again. Yet here he was, broken beyond repair and left with nothing but pain slowly eating him away.

Jungkook looked at his boyfriend with a concerned look on his face and he quickly looked for somewhere to park his car so that he could comfort the crying boy next to him. He hated to see his boyfriend this upset and he'd literally do anything to make the pain go away. Ohh how he wished he could just punch Choi Chanwoo straight in his face for making his baby feel this miserable.

Jungkook quickly found somewhere to park safely and he quickly turned of the car before turning towards Taehyung and softly taking him in his arms. "What's wrong baby?" The brunette softly whispered into the smaller boy's ear, hoping that he'd manage to bring out an answer between the continious sobs.

"Y-you broke up with me." Taehyung softly spoke, his tears wetting the shirt Jungkook was wearing completely. The brunette was softly stroking the upset boy's back while making sure Taehyung was comfortable yet it all felt so wrong to Taehyung. It felt so wrong how easily he leant into Jungkook's touch, even when the boy had broken up with him not even half an hour ago. His whole body craved the brunette's touch.

Jungkook raised both eyebrows upon hearing those words leave his boyfriend's mouth. "You didn't think I was serious about that right? I just said we'd break it off so that I got that asshole off your back. I didn't mean we'd actually break up." Jungkook explained as he shifted the hand he had been using to stroke Taehyung's back to the back of his head while leaning in a bit, hugging him tightly.

"There was just no way I'd let you give up everything you've been working so hard for. I said we'd break it off so that he'd stop the fire of words he was spewing at you, not because I didn't like you anymore baby. You're my world and you'll always be." Jungkook softly whispered against Taehyung's head, his fingers tangeling themselves with the grey locks of his boyfriend. "I love you more than anything, don't you ever dare to forget that."

If hearts could do sommersaults then Taehyung's was definintely making them none stop. Another few tears escaped his eyes, yet those weren't spilled due to the boy being sad anymore. Those happy tears were filled with relief of not losing the one who meant the most to him. Ohh how his habit of overthinking everything once again got him into a situation where he thought that he had lost everything, even when that wasn't the case at all. The grey haired boy wrapped both his arms around his boyfriend's torso while pressing him even closer than he already was, afraid that he would dissapear if he let him go, as if it was all just a dream.

"I love you too." Taehyung softly answered his boyfriend and Jungkook softly smiled before he removed the hand that was at the back of Taehyung's head and used it to push up the boy's face by placing two fingers underneath his boyfriend's chin. Taehyung's eyes were still red due to the crying he had been doing previously yet as soon as he crossed eyes with Jungkook he immediately dashed forward and placed his lips on Jungkook's, needing to feel that what they had was still as real as it had been before.

Jungkook was quick to kiss his boyfriend back gently, not even planning in the slightest way to dissaprove of what the grey haired boy was doing. Taehyung was Jungkook's everything and he'd be willing to show the older exactly what that meant. He hated to see his baby upset because of a stupid misunderstanding.

After a slow and passionate kiss between the two boys Jungkook softly pulled back, a small smile playing at his lips. "Don't you ever dare to doubt if I love you baby. You have my whole heart, I'm like putty in your hands." The brunette spoke and Taehyung immediatley smiled back before locking eyes with his boyfriend again. "So what now? The whole management thinks we've broken up."

Jungkook softly nodded before he raised both his shoulders before dropping them again. " I don't know yet, I guess we just have to keep our relationship under the radar for now." The younger one of the two spoke to which Taehyung nodded, immediately agreeing. If they wanted Taehyung to stay into the competition without breaking up then they absolutely couldn't be spotted together anymore. Their relationship had turned into a risky game of chance with the possibility of losing everything they were fighting so hard for.

Soon however a big smile spread on Jungkook's lips again and he leaned forward before softly pecking his boyfriend's lips. "Don't worry though, I'll figure it out. We won't let them win. Not this time. It's us against them and if it's up to me then the game is on." The brunette spoke before sending a wink Taehyung's way.

Taehyung immediately nodded enthusiastically, a big smile on his lips as well. If the management thought they had power over any of them then they were wrong. No one could get the two of them to distance themselves from the other. If they wanted to play a game then Taehyung and Jungkook were willing to show them exactly how it was played.

All fear that had been present in Taehyung's body before had left again, Jungkook's words convincing him that they hadn't given up yet. This whole thing had just started and it surely would all work in the end. Choi Chanwoo might think he had already won, little did he know that the game had just started.

And for all he knew, both Jungkook and Taehyung had already been two turns ahead of him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hope you all liked this chapter!!

Question of the chapter:

What is your favourite day of the year and why?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story!❤️

Thank you all so much for reading my story