Chapter 3

"Come on Tae. You have to do it!" Jimin enthousiastically spoke as he looked at his best friend with an expectant look visible in his eyes. Immediately the blonde boy began to softly shake the grey haired boy's shoulder before pointing at the laptop screen in front of them. "All you have to do is press send."

Taehyung nervously smiled back at his best friend. Currently the two of them were hanging out in the older boy's apartment and Jimin had been encouraging Taehyung for at least twenty minutes now to sign himself up for The Voice of Korea, something the younger boy wasn't so sure of yet.

Sure the grey haired boy absolutely loved singing. But singing in the shower was something completely different than singing in front of a huge crowd filled with people Taehyung had never seen before. The fact that some very famous people, including Jeon Jungkook, would be part of that crowd too made the nervousity Taehyung was feeling even worse. What if those people thought the grey haired boy couldn't sing? It would for sure break the boy completely.

"I don't know. Maybe singing isn't something for me." The grey haired boy voiced his doubts as he looked at the laptop screen in front of him. Never before had Taehyung sung in front of a large crowd and he wasn't sure if he even dared to go up that stage. Apart from some fun in a karaoke bar together with Jimin no one had ever willingly got him to sing for them. The grey haired boy was just too afraid to be laughed at.

"Ohh shut up. I've heard you sing, your voice is freaking amazing." Jimin immediately spoke before he softly laid a hand on one of Taehyung's shoulders. Immediately the grey haired boy slightly turned his head towards his best friend while a nervous smile was still decorating his face.

"Kim Taehyung, if you don't sign up yourself I am going to do it for you." Jimin spoke in a fake serious tone while trying to look as stern as possible. However the blonde didn't hold up his act long and before the two of them knew it they broke out in a laughing fit. Loud laughs filled the whole room the two best friends were sitting in and tears slowly began to stream out of Taehyung's eyes due to the endless laughing he was doing.

After five minutes of non stop laughing slowly both boys were recovering from their laughing fit and Jimin slowly raised one of his thumbs to wipe away a stray tear on his cheek. "No but seriously Tae, this is like your only change at ever meeting Jungkook. You should take it." The older boy spoke towards his best friend while a friendly smile was decorating the boy's plump red lips. "And besides, you entering that competition is also my only chance at ever meeting Yoongi."

A soft laugh left Taehyung's mouth as he listened to what his friend had said last and he slowly began to shake his head. Jimin was right of course and the grey haired boy truly loved singing a lot. Maybe signing up for a competition as big as this one wasn't the right step for the student but Taehyung didn't care at the moment. The grey haired boy got nothing to lose anyway so why not give this opportunity a shot. If he didn't sign up now he most likely would never do it.

"Okay let's just do it." Taehyung spoke as a sudden rush of confidence overtook his whole body. The grey haired boy quickly scanned through his application before he pressed send. Immediately Taehyung's eyes grew big as the laptop screen suddenly switched to another page. The boy's heart was thumping in his chest and a nervous feeling began to spread in his body.

Congratulations,

You have now officially signed up for The Voice of Korea. Please be patient while we judge your application. You will hear from us soon.

As Taehyung slowly scanned his eyes over the words that were now displayed on the laptop screen a happy feeling began to fill his body and a small smile began to form onto his face. He had officially done it. Kim Taehyung had signed himself up for the biggest opportunity of his life and while he was still nervous as hell that he had to sing in front of such a big crowd and some very famous people he was also very excited. What if he would manage to get through the blind auditions? What if he even managed to make Jungkook like him enough that the famous brunette would turn his chair around. What if Taehyung actually got the chance to meet Jungkook in person? That would definitely be a dream come true for the grey haired boy.

"I did it." Taehyung spoke in a happy tone, a hint of nervousness lacing his voice. Immediately a shocked look became visible on Jimin's face and the boy's eyes grew big. "Wait, really?" the blonde boy asked his best friend who only nodded in reply. Immediately a big grin broke out on the older boy's face and before Taehyung knew it he was getting a hug from the smaller boy. "I'm so proud of you Tae!"

Immediately Taehyung hugged Jimin back while his mind began to wander to how much his life could possibly change. Maybe the grey haired boy would come really far in this competition and get some fame from it and maybe he even had a chance to befriend Jungkook. Of course the small boy knew damn well that there was a bigger possibility that he wouldn't even make it through the first round, however the question of what would happen if he won the whole competition kept spooking through his mind. Instant fame and a contract at one of the biggest labels in Korea were only two of the prices the winner would get.

As the grey haired boy began to imagine himself selling out big stadiums and people wishing they ever had a chance to meet him a small smile began to grew on the boy's face. Of course Taehyung knew damn well that this all was just wishfull thinking and that none of it probably ever would happen, however a boy is allowed to dream right?

As Jimin finally released the grey haired boy from the hug he was giving him a bright smile was visible on the boy's face and he quickly ran off to the kitchen before coming back a few minutes later with two perfectly polishes wine glasses and a bottle of cherry red wine. "It's time to celebrate!" the blonde spoke enthousiastically before putting both glasses on the table in front of them and filling them with a beautiful cherry red liquor.

Immediately Taehyung began to nod while he looked at how Jimin carefully filled their glasses. If there was one thing he loved the most it was definitely celebrate with Jimin. The two of them just matched so well and he couldn't imagine his life ever without the older boy right next to him. Jimin knew him like no other and he knew Jimin like no other.

The two of them didn't get called soulmates for nothing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I can't wait until I finally get to the part where Kookie gets involved  XD

Question of the chapter:

have you ever entered any type of competition? 

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story!❤️

Thank you all so much for reading my story!