5. The Accident

There's no way.

No, it's not possible.

Your body started to move on its own. Oikawa and Iwaizumi looked at you with confused looks as you dazed off in the distance walking right past them. Your eyes still on the boy with the dark blue hair.

It is. Oh my god it is.

It's Sora.

You start running as fast as you could.

"Sora!" You called out, tears started to form in your eyes and your vision became blurry. "Sora turn around, please!" You reach your hand out to the boy.

You almost had a grasp on him when someone grabbed your shoulder and spun you around.

"[Name]! What are you doing?"

You look up to see Oikawa.

"S-Sora, he's here!"

"Who?"

"Sora! He's right behind me! Let me go!"

"[Name]..." Oikawa looks at you with a confused look and his eyebrows furrowed. "There's no one there."

Your eyes become wide and you turn around escaping Oikawa's grasp.

There was no one there.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

The walk home was silent. You had your hands firmly grasped on your backpack straps as you stared at the ground. The air had a light soft breeze, and the sun was just starting to set, making the place have a nice golden glow. You look up into the golden sky as tears form in your eyes.

He was right there.

You knew that the boy was probably just a figure of your imagination, but it just seemed so real.

You thought to yourself, It's probably just because Ame spoke of him earlier and that's why I thought he was here. Yeah that's it. I'm not going crazy.

You take a deep breath and look to the two boys by your side.

"I'm uh.. I'm sorry for taking off like that."

"It's okay," Iwaizumi replied.

"Don't worry about it [Name]-chan!" Oikawa said, giving you a wide smile and a peace sign. "Though can I ask..."

Both you and Iwaizumi gave the chocolate-haired boy a confused look, tilting your head.

"Who's Sora?"

You stopped dead in your tracks and soon after so did Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

"I'm sorry! You don't have to answer!" Oikawa saw your expression change drastically. "I didn't mean to upset you." Oikawa hands were waving like crazy as he had a guilty smile on his face. He was also ready for any sort of impact Iwaizumi was about to make to his head.

Right as Iwaizumi was about to smack Oikawa on the back of the head you reply, "No, it's okay."

Iwa's hand stops mid hair. He grumbles something and puts his hand back into his pocket.

"Thank you for your concern, but I would rather not speak of... him." You put your head down and take a few breathes so you don't cry. After a moment you shoot your head back up with a light smile on your face. "Let's just head home. I want to fill out those art club papers."

They nod and you guys continue walking home.

I just don't want to remember what happened.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

You woke up the next morning and checked your phone, still nothing from Sora. You did though have many messages from your other friends and a bunch of random people from your school.

Why are they texting me so much? Usually my phone is super dry.

You were looking through your messages. They were all so weird. They were all apologizing and saying that things were gonna be okay.

Either way you shrugged it off. It was too early and all you could think about was breakfast... and the fact Sora hadn't texted you or called you back.

Luckily it was a Sunday, so you didn't have to go to school. Your brother was at work and your sister was at a friend's house. You had the whole place to yourself. So you poured yourself a bowl of your [Favorite Cereal] and turned on the TV. It was on the news channel, probably because Akemi was watching it last night. You decided to leave it there because it for once looked quite interesting.

It was showing some clips from the news last night. It was a really bad car crash. One of the cars was even up in flames.

That's a really bad accident, there's definitely no survivors. You thought to yourself. How sad.

Many firetrucks came onto the action, trying desperately to put out the car with huge flames. As the camera zooms out. You realize the place looks... familiar. Your eyes go wide in shock with your spoon in your hand as you were just about to take another bite of your breakfast. The news goes back to the headquarters.

"A really bad crash happened late last night. One car definitely got it worse than the other. As assumed, there was no survivors." The news lady sighs before continuing, "Sadly, it was a group of younger boys. Those boys were..."

Your heart drops as you recognize all of the boys names that she read off that were in the accident.

"And lastly, a young boy at the age of 17, Hamasaki Sora."

You froze, you dropped the spoon you were holding and you felt tears roll down your face. You quickly grabbed your phone and looked at all the messages.

Oh my god, oh my god!

All those messages made sense now. You open up your phone that had a lock-screen of you and Sora on it, you then quickly open up your message app and look at the group chat that consisted of you, Ame, Arashi and Sora.

----------

Ame 💞:
Omg. I can't believe it. There is no way.
8:00 a.m.

Arashi ⛈️:
No no no, this isn't happening.
8:01 a.m.

Sora answer.
8:05 a.m.

Sora this isn't funny.
8:05 a.m.

C'mon Sora... Please... You're my best friend.
8:11 a.m.

Ame 💞:
[Name]... are you okay?
8:15 a.m.

[Name]...?
8:30 a.m.

Arashi ⛈️:
[Name], answer, we're worried.
8:43 a.m.

If you don't answer soon we're coming over.
9:10 a.m.

Ame 💞:
We're heading over, okay? ❤️
Fifteen minutes ago.

----------

This isn't happening.

You open up the contact that says "Sora💙🌟" and you just sit there, looking over your last texts with the one you loved...

This is all some sort of sick joke. There's no way a sweet boy like Sora is gone.

You frantically type to the contact, hoping to see some sort of answer.

Nothing.

You sit there in silence. Praying that this was all some cruel joke.

BAM!

You look up from your phone, your eyes are blurry from the tears, but you can make out Ame and Arashi at your front door. They drop some stuff they brought and run over to you, engulfing you in a tight hug. You can hear them both sobbing and you just sit there shocked by everything.

Sora.. he's... dead.