31. A Possible Lead

"OIKAWA TOORU."

You barged into the gymnasium right after school. The volleyball team had barely gotten the nets up for their practice.

You only stopped by your class during lunch to tell your teacher you'd be helping Yua in the art room. In reality, you and Yua just sat there trying your hardest to figure out what happened. You even had to tell Ame and Arashi you weren't going to lunch with them today and that something came up. No matter how hard you two thought, no one could come to mind, so you went to the only other person who knew about your relationship. The boyfriend himself.

The whole team looks at you. They could tell you were mad.

"Ouuuuuuuu," the team says, filling the silence of the gymnasium.

"Looks like Oikawa is already in troubleeee."

"You dumbass!" Iwa grits his teeth. "You're already messing things up?"

Oikawa looks at you very frightened and confused. "[Name]?"

You look over at the coach. "Can I please speak to him for a moment? It'll only take a minute." You try to sound as friendly as possible.

The coach sighs, "Don't be too long."

"Thanks!" You smile. You walked over to Oikawa and look at him in the eyes for a moment.

"Is something wrONG-"

His words got cut off when you suddenly grip his ear and start to drag him outside the gym.

Once the doors closed behind you two, you let go.

"Ouch!" Oikawa rubs his ear, "What was that about?"

Angry tears fill your eyes as you take one of your art works that you had folded into the pocket of your shirt. Oikawa looked down at it confused as you unfolded it and slammed it against his chest.

He takes it from your hand and slowly looks down onto it. Reading what was written on it.

He looked at you angry, "Who would do this?"

"Yeah Oikawa!" His eyebrows stopped furrowing once you said his last name instead of his first. "Who would have?!"

"Why are you asking me-?"

You violently grab the paper from his hands and fold it so it'll fit back into your pocket.

You fold your arms and look back at him. "Because, the only time someone could have done this was last night!"

His face goes pale.

"Yua was in the art room first thing this morning! No one could have done it then. So who else knew about us last night!?"

"I don't know..."

"You don't know?!" You say frustrated with tears in your eyes.

He goes silent for a moment. Lost into his own thoughts.

"Maybe.."

You look at him, hoping for some sort of lead.

"It was Yua?"

"You're kidding!" You shove him aggressively.

"What?!" He snaps back. "You said it yourself that she was the only person who could've been there this morning! Plus from what you've told me, she's the art club manager. Therefore, she's the only one who would have the keys!"

"Unbelievable!" You step back, eyes still on Oikawa.

"Don't I have a point?!"

"No, you don't! It would be like me blaming Iwa!"

"How would Iwa have anything to do with it?"

"You're trying to tell me you didn't tell him last night? Making him one other person at this school who would know about us? I mean, he's your best friend... right?"

Oikawa goes silent.

"You don't know Yua. She wouldn't do this. She wouldn't have a motive."

Oikawa sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose with his hand. "I don't know... Maybe she likes me or something?" He looks back up to you.

You look at him in disbelief and annoyance.

"What?"

"Not every girl in the school likes you."

"But almost!"

You just stare at him with the 'Really?' look.

"I'm just saying."

"I got to go," you say, walking away.

Oikawa runs up behind you and hugs you from behind. "Please don't be mad at me." He rests his head on your shoulder. "I really don't know who could've done it. Yes, I told Iwa-chan but that's it! And you know he wouldn't have done something like that, right?"

There's a slight pause before you sigh, "I know."

"So you're not mad at me? I won't let you go until you say you aren't."

You laugh, "No I'm not. I'm just frustrated." You sigh, "They ruined all my art work."

"We'll figure it out together."

You nod.

He then lets go of you.

"I need to head back to practice. I'll talk to you later!"

You smile and wave at him. "Okay dork."

"What's the dork's name?" He smiles like a child.

"His name is Tooru." You smile and roll your eyes.

"There's my name again!"

And with that, he was satisfied enough to head back into the gym.

You sigh in frustration. If Oikawa didn't know, then there wasn't any leads. You still had to figure out who did it but had no where to start.

You begin walking to where detention was being held, kicking small rocks along the way, trying so hard to think who could've done it.

You also had to figure out how to get out of detention early because you were able to look up a solution to Nami's problem. To help her though, you needed to stop by the convince store that was on the way home. And even though it wouldn't be the end of the world if Nami went to her appointment being semi-blue, you would never hear the end of it. That itself would be an even worse punishment than death.

You walked into detention, with the female teacher smirking at you. You roll your eyes and sit down in a random seat.

She started the lesson on good behavior but you were lost thinking about your own personal issues.

The more your kept trying to figure out who would possibly go out of their way to break into the school, then break into the art room, ruin your artwork and only your art work, the more of a headache you got. Nothing was adding up. You didn't want to think Yua did it, even if what Oikawa said made sense, you knew Yua, and she definitely doesn't have the evilness in her heart to do something like that. In fact, she seemed like the kind of girl who would back off a guy she liked if her other friend admitted to liking him.

You grab your head in frustration. This had been on your mind all day and yet... nothing. There was absolutely nothing. You kept digging into the deepest parts of your mind.

Yeah, Oikawa's fan group would make sense but both you and Yua debunked that possibility earlier. They had the pettiness in them, yes, and the motive, but no offense to them, they just don't have the brains to do it.

So who could've done it? Who would've been smart and ballsy enough to do it?

Then it finally it you.

You had one possible lead.

Now, to find that person.