41. Our Dreams

"So what's up?"

Your answer to Iwa was delayed. It could've been from the fact that you were taking a sip of your smoothie or... maybe because you didn't want to continue this conversation.

"[Name]?" He asks again.

Your head shoots up, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Sorry," you reply. "How are you?"

Iwa sighs, "I know you didn't ask me to meet you here to catch up. We see each other very often."

"I know," you look down.

"What's wrong?"

"Has Tooru been acting different...?" You look up at Iwa, hoping it wasn't just you who noticed.

He sighs, "Yeah, in some ways."

"Do you think it has anything to do with Hanako?"

"You're still hung up on that? [Name] that was like a month ago-"

"-I know." You cut him off towards the end of his statement. "But we were fine before that. That's all."

"[Name]."

You look up at Iwa. His facial expression was warm and comforting.

"Honestly, the guy is just stressed with the Karasuno game being right around the corner. It's the one of many games that'll help us get to nationals. He's probably just extra grouchy at you because you tend to tell him to stop overworking himself."

You sigh, "I guess that's true. I know it's his dream and all."

"And there's no point in it if he overworks himself to the point where he can't even play."

"Yeah," you let out a single laugh. "That's very true."

"Thank you, by the way."

"Huh? For what?"

"For telling him to stop when he does that. I would but a lot of the time he convinces me he's going home as well. With all the extra practice we're already doing, I love to just head straight home and take a cold shower... So I usually take his word for it." Iwa nervously laughs.

"Yeah no problem. I have a chance to catch him after art. Plus I don't want to see him hurt."

"Is that all? Am I allowed to go now?"

"Ouch. Want to leave me so soon, huh?" You jokingly say.

"No no! It's not like that! I just-"

"I'm just joking! Yes you're free to leave. As long as you truly believe his recent behavior has been because of volleyball."

"I'm pretty sure."

"Okay," you smile. "I'll take your word for it."

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

"[Nameeee]!" Yua groans in your ear impatiently. "There has to be something!"

It was the next day. You were sitting in art class. You were pretty sure it was Tuesday, it was hard to tell because you had other things on your mind.

"I'm trying to think! I really am! But nothing. Head. Empty."

"But you're one of the most talented artists in the club! Including with the painting medium!" She puts her hand vertical to her face to hide her mouth and leans in close to you. "Don't tell the other club members I said that though." She pulls back, uncovering her mouth. "So there has to be something! I want you to sign up for the art exhibit!"

"I can't believe they're making us sign this early anyways! The exhibit isn't until the end of the year! This is an abomination!"

Yua laughs, "You've had time! I've been talking about the sign-ups for almost a month now! You should have started ideas then! Plus it takes time for them to count and see all the entries! That's why they need the signatures this early! So [Name]... PLEASE," she begins to beg. "Please try to think of something because I know it's your dream to get into Art School! And it would be so good for Aoba Johsai's reputation! So I NEED my best artists there!"

"There's nothing Yua! Nothing!" You slam your head down on the desk in frustration. "I want to go to Art School so bad." Your sobs and words muffled by the desk. "But I'm not good at coming up with super unique ideas."

Yua sighs, "You still have another week before the cut off. Use all of your free time to think of ideas, okay?" She pats your head in a comforting way. "This could be everything you dreamed of! So don't let art block take you down now."

You pull your head away from the desk and look into her hazel eyes. "I won't let you down."

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

The rest of art club time was somehow super fast, yet slow. You doodled on a blank piece of printer paper trying to come up for an eye-catching painting idea that'll have some emotional value behind it. Even though the emotional value isn't required, it'll help give you that extra boost in the exhibit. And with having a lot of competition from other schools, you definitely need that extra boost.

When the bell rang you just about cried. Knowing you wasted about an hour and a half trying to come up with ideas, yet getting nothing. You pack up your stuff and head to the familiar gymnasium. You let out a sigh when you heard the familiar noise of the sneakers against the hardwood floor followed by a loud smack.

You hesitated to open the door, knowing what was behind it. And without surprise, when you opened the door, you saw your brunette boyfriend practicing his serves and sets.

"Tooru," you let out a sad sigh. You sounded sadder than usual because of your own problems. This caught Oikawa off guard and his face filled with concern.

He quickly caught the ball he had just set. He then dropped it on the ground and made a light jog towards you.

"[Name]? Are you okay?" He wraps his arms around you.

You let yourself fall into his arms, drained from using every last braincell to think of an idea. Plus, when he practiced extra like this it always made you worried. Worried that one day you'll open those gym doors just to see him on the floor, injured. That or to even hear that he's in the hospital. You wish he would just stop, but you know why he was doing it, which made it hard to ask him to just do that.

"[Name]?"

Your body goes limp. You and Oikawa fall to the ground in a sitting position. When your weight continues to lay on his chest, he tightens his grip around you.

"[Name]..." He sighs, "You're worrying me."

Your eyes start to close, it feels as if there were weights on your eyes. "Let's just stay like this, for a little longer."

He rests his head on top of yours, "Okay."