7. Sunset Glow

Tuesday, the next day, at school.

"Here's the Art Club papers!" You say as you hand the teacher the papers.

"Thank you miss [Last Name]."

You give him a nod and a smile before turning around to your desk. You see Oikawa giving you a big thumbs up with which you return.

Class goes by in an instant and you head to lunch.

"[Name]-chan!" Oikawa calls out to you as you walk out of the classroom.

You look over to see a bunch of girls glaring at you. Did they always do this?

"What's up, Trashykawa?"

"Oh come on [Name]! I thought we agreed not to use that nickname!" He pouted.

"I never agreed to anything."

"Ugh whatever. Anyways, do you want to come watch me practice after school?"

"For volleyball?"

"No, for table tennis." He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

You roll your eyes as well. "Fine, I guess."

Oikawa grins ear-to-ear, "Really?!"

"Might as well. If I get into the Art Club I probably won't be able to as much."

"That's true! Well, I'm glad you agreed."

"But-!"

"Oh no. There's a catch." His smile fades into a worried expression.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

It's after school and you walk into the gymnasium with Oikawa. A big smile is plastered over your face. Today was going super well. At lunch, you told Ame and Arashi that you turned in the Art Club papers and the three of you celebrated by playing music and dancing. On top of that, Oikawa is taking you to the bakery after practice to get your favorite drink and pastry because that's how you roll. You weren't going to come to his practice free and willingly, you needed a bribe.

"[Name]?"

"Hi Iwa!" You say with a bright smile.

"Wow Oikawa! Is that your new girlfriend?" Some other boy on the team said.

"No Kindaichi. This is my new FRIEND, [Last Name] [First Name]."

"Nice to meet you [Name]!" The team says.

When the team welcomes you, you're caught off-guard. You totally thought they wouldn't care about your presence, but they did, and it made you happy. "Oh, uh- thank you! Nice to meet you guys too."

"Chit-chat later! We have practice to do."

"Yes sir!" The team says to the coach. Then they all rush to continue putting up the nets and getting out the volleyballs.

You didn't really know where to go. You look up to the bleachers and see more girls glaring at you. Okay, this is getting old. You continued up the steps and went on the complete opposite side of the girls. I'm not dealing with that today.

Volleyball was so much more interesting than you thought. It may have not been a game or anything, but even the practices seemed intense. You could understand why Oikawa liked it so much now.