42. Collapsing Worlds

Spring Tournament - Season 2 Spoilers

Here comes the big day.

Well to clarify, not for you. For Oikawa.

But it's still a pretty big day, considering he has trained for months for this very moment.

That's right, It was the Karasuno game.

"I'm so glad you asked me to tag along!" Ame says excitedly. "I've always wanted to come to a game!"

"Why haven't you come before then?" You say, opening the door to the court where the game was going to take place.

Ame walks through as you hold the door open for her. "Well with work and school it was hard to I guess."

"Makes sense." You sigh, "Such a shame Arashi couldn't come too."

"Yeah... but you know him. He's dedicated to his studies as well. Plus, I think he couldn't care less to watch a bunch of guys chase a ball around."

You laugh, "Well when you put it like that, it makes it seem like you're not interested as well."

"I am! At least volleyball is a sport I can understand since I played it for a little in middle school. Plus," she leans in close to you and whispers, "I'm mainly here for the hot guys."

Your face turns into a disappointed expression. "Really?"

"Oh don't make that face! I'm just pointing it out before you call me out on it."

You roll your eyes as you head up the stairs to find a seat along the bleachers.

Ame is following shortly behind you, "Wait! Aren't you going to wish Tooru good luck?"

You stop in your steps and turn around with a half-smile. "I did last night. I thought it was better not to bother him right before his big game."

Ame pouts, "Makes sense but I think you should still wish him good luck! I'll come with you."

You nod.

You and Ame then head back down the steps and approached the Aoba Johsai team. Once you got there Ame started mingling with some of the guys, leaving you to talk to Oikawa. You didn't find it too weird though since Ame and Iwa had gotten closer since you and Oikawa started dating.

Oikawa was in the middle of a big sip of water when you approached him.

"Are you ready?" You asked, not quite sure how to start this sort of conversation.

He smiles, "As ready as I'll ever be."

You smile, "I believe in you."

"Thanks [Name]," he hugs you. "I really need that right now." He says, as he rests his chin on top of your head.

"Okay boys! Time for warmups!" The coach yells, interrupting you and Oikawa's moment.

You sigh as he lets go. "Good luck!"

Oikawa flashes you one of his signature peace signs before warming up.

"[Name]-chan!! [Name]-chan!!"

You and Ame's head fling towards the direction your name was being called in confusion.

On the other side of the court you see a little orange-hair kid jumping up and down excitedly.

You laugh, "Hey Hinata!"

"Stop messing around dumbass! We have a game to win! We need to warm up."

"You know Kageyama-kun, more girls would like you if you were nicer-"

Hinata stops mid sentence as Kageyama glares at him.