27. Every Last Star

"[Nameeee] ohhhh [Nameeee]."

You flutter your eyes open to the dark room. The only source of light was the moonshine between the curtains.

Standing there was a dark figure.

You went to scream but it covered your mouth.

"Chill! Lets not wake the hospital up."

It was your sister Nami.

Once she realized you weren't going to scream she uncovered your mouth.

"What are you doing?!" You yell whisper. "You should be resting!"

"But I slept allllll dayyyyy. So now I'm wide awake with nothing to dooooo."

"Well don't bother me. I'm actually tired."

"But bothering you is the only thing I can do." She flops on your bed.

"Ouch."

She yawns.

"See you are tired. Now go to sleep Nami."

"No that's my system saying I'm fully charged."

"That's not how it works."

"Whatever."

Nami stares out the moonlit window and everything goes silent. You take that as your sign to head back to bed. You shut your eyes drifting into your sleep. Well until-

SLAP.

Nami slaps your arm.

"OuCH!"

"Don't fall asleep on me."

"You're not talking anyways," you yawn.

"I was just thinking... That's all."

You curiously ask, "About what?"

"The stars."

"What?"

"The stars [Name]. You know, the things you're always staring at."

"Yes I know what stars are but what about them?"

"Isn't it weird," she looks at you, "How in the end... Even stars choose destruction over life?"

"What- Nami- Why would you say that?"

"Am I wrong?"

You stare at her blankly. "I guess not but... How did you come to this conclusion? Why are you thinking about this?"

"Because I wanted to tell you that... You'll always have me. Until every last star in the galaxy chooses destruction, you have me."

"Nami..." Your voice like a soft, heartfelt whisper.

"You helped me today [Name]. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't step in. Would I have gotten severely injured-? Would I have died-? I don't know."

"But it was my fault.."

"[Name], do you know how many times I've walked home alone? How many times you've walked home alone? We're grown. It's something we do. This was something out of your control, so please, don't beat yourself up over it. If I were in your shoes I would've gotten off the train too."

This was the first time in a long time Nami has said something like this. You guys can have some heart to heart moments but it usually tends to have its flaws, but not this time.

"I love you Nami."

"I love you too nee-san."

You smile at her.