28. To the Moon and Back

After checking out you and your brother came home. Luckily you did so without seeing the girl again. You and your brother joked around while making dinner. Nami came down at some point as well and helped out too. She kept talking about her strange dream of her being chased by a talking bear.

While finishing up, there was a knock at the door.

Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it!" You call out.

You walk over to the door and open it.

It was Oikawa.

"Oh hey!" You smile.

"Hey! I'm glad to see you're doing better."

You laugh, "Yeah, we're just finishing up making dinner."

"Oh. Should I come back later?"

"No it's okay. Is there something I can help you with?"

Oikawa looks over your head to your brother and sister. He then looks back down at you.

Once you pick up on the hint, you turn around to signal your brother and sister to give you a minute. You then close the front door so you and Oikawa were outside alone.

"What do you need?" You look up to meet with his chocolate-brown eyes.

"This." He takes out a tiny gift box from behind his back. "It's about time I give you this surprise," he laughs.

You look down at the small white box that has a baby blue ribbon tied around it with a bow. Before you take the box from him, you flash him an unsure glance. He just kept looking at you with a big goofy smile. You grab the box and slowly untie the ribbon. Then you took off the lid. In the box was a silver heart necklace with your zodiac sign constellation engraved on the front.

"Tooru... I-" You pause for a second, "It's beautiful."

He smiles at your reaction. "That's not all!"

He reaches his hand down towards the necklace and gently picks it up. He then flips it over and hands it back to you. On the back there was an engraved saying. It read: "To the moon and back."

"Tooru- I-"

He interrupts you again, "And one more thing!"

While the necklace was in the palm of your hand, he reaches for it and opens it up. It was also a locket.

What was in the locket somehow managed to make your heart flutter even more. In the locket was a picture of you and Oikawa. It was a picture of the two of you walking together in the theme park. You two were just walking side by side giving each other the goofiest, happiest, grin. Ame or Iwa must've taken it while you two didn't notice.

"Do you like it?"

Tears of joy fill your eyes. "I love it Tooru."

He grabs the necklace from your hands and signals you to turn around. Once you turn around he puts the locket on you.

When turning around you couldn't help but smile. "Thank you but... Why did you give me this?" You say, while holding the locket part in your hands.

"Like I said, It's a thank you for putting up with me."

You give him an unconvinced face.