44. Human Stars

"[Name]... Are you sure about this?" Yua asks concernedly.

"Since when am I sure about any decision I make?"

She laughs lightly, "I guess that's true... but this is a big deal-"

"-I know, I know."

"..." Yua goes silent with a worried expression.

"But like you said... I can't let this opportunity pass. So yes, I am going to sign up for the exhibit even if I have no idea what I'm going to paint." You sigh, while signing the piece of paper. "I also know that if I don't come up with anything... it'll backfire on me as an artist. I'm aware."

Yua sighs, "Stubborn as always."

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Coach Irihata!" You yell while gasping for air since you just ran what felt like 20 miles.

"Hm? Oh if it isn't [Last Name]."

You sit there for a moment, panting. You then raise your arm out to reveal what was in your hand. It was a letter from the office. "Here."

"Thank you."

You smile at him brightly, "No problem."

"Uhhh.... [Name]?"

You look over to see Matsu and some of the other volleyball teammates looking at you confused. Oikawa looked away, going to grab a volleyball on the outer ends of the gym.

"Oh hey!"

"Let me rephrase," Matsu coughs once. "What are you doing?"

"Oh!" You laugh, "Well you see... remember that one time I broke everyone out from detention?"

Some nod.

"Well the school wasn't so happy about that. So for a day they're making me deliver things to teachers and overall just helping around the school. They didn't want to give me detention again nor suspension since finals are coming up and they want me to focus."

Iwa laughs, "You look exhausted and first period hasn't even started."

You raise your hand up defensively. "Dude, I've already ran back and fourth across campus like six times. I'm starting to think that it's part of my punishment."

Iwa's laugh was interrupted by the walkie talkie you had. "[LAST NAME]!" It screams, echoing through the whole gymnasium. "YOU ARE RUNNING BEHIND, WE NEED YOU TO RUN BY THE OFFICE, PICK UP A BOX OF HAZLENUT COFFEE AND PUT IT IN THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE."

You pick the walkie talkie up and hold it to your mouth, "But ma'am...!" You whine, "That's across campus once again."

"I DON'T CARE. GET. IT. DONE."

You sigh, "I gotta go. It was nice talking to you all! It's good to see you guys still practice in the mornings!"

They all waved you goodbye. Oikawa's back was still turned, he was just staring down at the volleyball he had picked up.

The team starts to let out a little chuckle because they found what you were going through funny.

"Geez! That girl truly is something." One teammate says.