19. Déjà Vu

Trigger Warning: Blood/Violence

The next day, Saturday.

You wondered into work and to your surprise you saw Oikawa wiping down some tables.

This is the first time I've seen him at work in awhile. You thought to yourself.

At first you were surprised Oikawa didn't look in your direction when the bell to the café's door went off, but then you realized some of the things you said yesterday.

Some of the things you said out of anger or jealously. You really didn't know.

Either way, you knew you had to apologize.

"Oikawa?"

Oikawa stopped wiping down the tables. Almost as if he froze. It was as if he debated turning around or not.

You wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

But he did.

When he turned around it almost caught you off guard. It wasn't the bright and cheery Oikawa you were used to seeing. Instead he looked exhausted and worn out. As if he'd been up all night.

What was more heartbreaking was when he looked you in the eyes. They were dull and dead-looking. They no longer had that spark to them.

"Yeah?"

His voice, raspy and drowned out, like a whisper.

"Oikawa- Are you... okay?" Genuine concern filled your voice.

He looks down and mumbles something before looking back up. He flashes you a smile and a "I'm fine."

But there wasn't a single soul he could fool with that fake smile, not today, not even his fangirls.

"Oikawa I-"

"[Name]. Enough chit chat. Your shift is starting soon." The manager calls out to you.

"I- uh yeah! I'm coming!" You start to walk away but quickly backtrack when you remember what you were trying to do before. "Oikawa, can I talk to you after work?"

Even though it was only for a second, you could've sworn you saw that spark Oikawa once had in his eyes.

"Yeah."

When walking away you heard Oikawa sigh. Was it a sigh of relief or a sigh of agitation? You didn't know.

Work was going by slow. It didn't help that it was a super quiet day too. And for once in a blue moon you were working with Oikawa, but things were different now.

He was with her now.

He forgot about you.

He doesn't need you.

He doesn't even want you anymore.

You figured out your feelings too late.

And now, you'll pay the price.

"If it isn't [Name]..."

You heard someone come through the door, your back was facing it though. The voice sounded familiar but you couldn't put your finger on it. So you turned around.

What a mistake that was.

It was one of the guys who had flirted with you on you on the first day of your job.

The one Oikawa had poured coffee on, to be precise.

The one with the brown hair and golden-like eyes.